|64|

Sixty four
__________________

Brie jumped to the ground and hid behind a desk to avoid the bullets that were being fire in through the windows.

"Scott, what's happening?" she shouted over the shots.

"I don't know," he shouted back from the other room.

Suddenly, the gunfire stopped and Brie looked up to see if everyone was alright. Derek was not moving better but Stiles was still completely paralysed.

She looked over to the room Scott was in and saw that it had begun to fill with smoke.

Just when she was about to call for him, Scott came running out and attacked Jackson.

"You okay?" he asked Brie once he saw her.

She nodded in response and they both ran over to Stiles and Derek

Derek was starting to get up by himself. "Take him. Go!" he ordered, gesturing to the still unmoving Stiles.

Brie and Scott both picked him up and together they ran through the station carrying him with Jackson right on their tail.

They tried locking door on him but nothing worked.

"You get him somewhere safe, I'll distract Jackson," Brie said, handing Stiles over to Scott.

"What? No, Brie, wait, are you crazy?" Stiles tried objecting.

"I'll be fine, okay? I promise," Brie said to him before closing the door on them and running another way.

She turned back to Jackson and smashed a cup that was nearby on the wall beside him to get him attention.

She smirked and her eyes went yellow as she ran away from him, throwing chairs and shelves in his path to slow him down.

When she reached the edge of the hall she turned to face him. She was cornered.

She looked around for a weapon but only saw the two drawers that were on either side of him.

She closed her eyes for a minute and let out a deep breath to try and concentrate. She opened her eyes and held out her hands to move the shelves with her mind.

Using all her strength, she pushed the two shelves into him, crushing him between them.

He struggled for a moment but Brie couldn't hold it for much longer.

Finally, Jackson pushed the shelves away as Brie collapsed to the ground. He began to transform into his full Kanima form.

Just as Brie was sure he was going to kill her, he ran off. Leaving her alone on the floor.

"My, my, that was quiet the show, wasn't it?" Matt said, suddenly standing in front of her.

"Fuck you," she attempted to get up but he kicked her back down again.

"I mean, I really had no idea you could do that," he laughed. "Colour me shocked. So, what are you then?"

"About to kick your ass," Brie responded, struggling against Matt.

"You should've given me a chance," Matt went on. "Cause, remember how I said I'm not the kind of guy who would say something like, 'Well, if I can't have her, no one can'? It's not totally true, because, Brie.... If I can't have you.... No one can!"

His voice turned demonic towards the end of his sentence. Brie tried thinking of ways to get out of this.

But suddenly, he heard something in the distance and he turned away. He was gone. But she didn't doubt that he would be back.

She managed to get up, slowly but surely. She heard Melissa and Noah in a room nearby. Melissa was cheering him on while Noah was struggling.

She made her way over to where she could hear them and saw Noah trying to pull the metal off the wall. He was so close to doing it when Brie interfered.

She ran over to him, "Here, let me help," she said as she held onto the metal and it began to melt under her skin. With one more pull from Noah, he was able to pull the metal off the wall easily.

"How did you-" Melissa started before Matt came and hit Noah across the head so hard that it knocked him out.

He swung for Brie and hit her across the head but it didn't knock her out. She reached up and felt blood oozing out of her forehead.

He swung for Brie again but missed. Brie ran out of the room. She spotted Stiles outside the room on the floor, still mostly paralysed but able to move a bit more.

"I need to rest, I can't..." Brie panted, collapsing beside him, unable to hold herself up any longer. "I can't do anymore. I'm sorry."

"It's okay, Brie," Stiles replied. "Just stay with me, okay?"

"I can't do anymore."

Stiles was about to reply when they heard Melissa's voice. "Matt?" She called to him as he was looking over Noah. "Matt, please listen to me. My son has been shot, and I've heard other gunfire, and I don't know what's happening, but can you please just let me see my son?"

"How totally clueless are you people?" Matt replied. "You just watched a girl burn metal with her bare hands, what more could you need?"

Just as he said that, Derek appeared in the room, in his werewolf form, breathing heavily. Ready to attack Matt.

The Kanima came to his rescue and challenged Derek. They ran at one another, fighting viciously but Brie just wanted to close her eyes. Just for a minute.

Matt left the room. Where he went? Brie didn't know but she really didn't care.

She heard Stiles telling her to stay awake but couldn't make out what he was saying exactly.

Scott appeared, in werewolf form, teaming with Derek to fight the beast.

Melissa cried for Scott, asking him if he was okay. Brie watched as he turned to her slowly, still in his werewolf form.

Melissa backed away from him. In fear? Shock? Disgust? She wasn't sure. Melissa was crying and repeating no. Brie heart broke for Scott.

He left but Brie couldn't follow. Her head was pounding with a ringing sensation. Stiles finally became more able to move that he was able to sit up and hold her in his arms.

Her whole body felt like it was burning from the inside. But sometimes it would just turn to ice. There were voices in her head that she couldn't quite understand. But they were too loud.

She cried into Stiles arm as he pulled her close and told her it was going to be okay.

His face was the last thing she saw before it all went dark.

_________________________________