|66|

Sixty Six
________________

Brie was sitting back with her mother, Noah and Melissa waiting for the game to start. She knew Lydia was coming later so she had a seat saved for when she came.

"Oh, no," Noah suddenly said, looking out onto the field. "Why is my son running in the field?"

Brie looked up to see what he was talking about and just as he said, Stiles was running on the field with his helmet on.

"Oh my god, he's playing?" Brie said, unable to contain her excitement.

"Because he's on the team?" Melissa said, unsure why they were so surprised.

"He is," Noah said, looking suddenly very proud. "He's on the team. He's... he's on the field," he suddenly got up with his fist in the air. "My son is on the field!" he yelled loudly.

"Woohoo," Brie put her hands in the air to express her excitement with him.

She made eye contact with Stiles and gave him a thumbs up. He looked nervous but happy none the less.

A few moments later, Lydia came down to sit beside her.

"Hey, Lyds," Brie greeted. "You'll never guess who's playing."

"Who?" She said looking over to the beach. "Oh, my god, is it Stiles?"

"Number 24," Brie smiled proudly.

"Oh, my, that is exciting," Lydia said. "Have you seen Allison? Is she coming?"

"No," Brie replied with a sigh. "I haven't talked to her in a few days."

"She's been ignoring me too," Lydia said. "I get she's grieving but we here for her, you know? I hope she knows that."

Brie nodded but didn't respond.

The referee blew the whistle to indicate the start of the game. Brie watched as Stiles got passed the ball and caught it in his net. But then immediately got tackled to the ground.

"He's probably just warming up," Melissa said optimistically.

He went on to try to pick up the ball but failed and instead got attacked by two from the opposite team.

Brie cringed at the sight but Lydia grabbed her hand to comfort her, "He's just a little nervous," the strawberry blonde said. "Plenty of time to turn it around."

But just after she said that, he tried catching the ball in his net but it hit him straight in the face instead.

"Oh, God," Brie mumbled as Noah put his face in his hands.

Issac came onto the field and started to injure a bunch of people from his own team. At first Brie was confused but then realised that Coach had to replace each player. Soon he will have no other choice then to put Scott on.

But suddenly, Jackson crashed into Issac and he had to be carried off in a stretcher. He must've paralysed him.

"Brutal game today," Jenny commented. "Thankfully Stiles hasn't been knocked out."