|65|

Sixty five
________________

Brie woke up in a hospital bed, confused as to why she was there. She sat up but instantly realised how much of a struggle it was. So she sat up at a slower pace and took a look around. She saw Stiles, laying on the hospital chair nearby, fast asleep.

He looked uncomfortable but peaceful anyway. She didn't want to wake him but she didn't feel like she could get up to get a nurse.

"Hey," she tried getting his attention. "Wake up."

He didn't respond but Brie was desperate to remember what happened.

"Stiles," she tried again but he didn't budge. She picked up one of the spare pillows on her hospital bed and chucked it at him.

He woke with a start, almost falling off the chair but managing not to.

"Hi," she said as he realised who had woke him.

"Oh, my- When did you wake up?" he got up and ran over to her.

"Just there," she replied. "What happened? Why am I here?"

"You blacked out at the station," he told her, kneeling on the bed beside her. "You've only been out a few hours, don't worry. How are you feeling?"

"Not great, honestly," Brie replied. "How is everyone? What happened?"

"Brie," Stiles started, looking to the floor. "Matt's dead."

Brie was stunned for a moment. "What? How?"

"He drowned."

"What about Jackson?"

"We don't know where he is, he's gone."

"How's your dad?" Brie asked. "Last I remember is he was knocked out by Matt."

"Yeah, he's fine," he replied. "He wasn't out long. He's Sheriff again, which is good."

"I'm glad to hear that," she said, taking his hand in hers with a smile.

Just then, the doors opened. Jenny came rushing in with a nurse following behind.

"Oh, thank god your awake," Jenny said, giving her daughter a hug. "I was so worried. I assumed you had just decided to stay at Lydia's for the night."

"I'm fine, mom," Brie smiled.

"How are you feeling?" the nurse asked. It wasn't Melissa, sadly, but due to recent events she could take a guess that she asked off work. This new nurse was also a female. She felt her forehead for a temperature and checked her vitals.

"Not great," Brie told her honestly. "Just feel really weak. Tired."

"Hm, I see," the nurse thought to herself. "I think you're experiencing a lot of shock from last nights events. I'd recommending getting some rest. I'll be back to check on you later."

They thanked her as she left the room. Jenny turned to Brie.

"Can I talk to you, honey," she said with a smile. "Alone. If that's okay."