Chapter 11: The Boiling Rock

*un-edited*
___________________________________________
(a/n): another chapter 😱😱
___________________________________________

Third person POV:

"No-one can make tea like uncle, but hopefully I learnt a thing or two. Would you like to hear uncle's favourite tea joke?" Zuko asked.

"Sure."

"I like jokes."

"Bring it." Toph spoke.

"Okay, well I can't remember how it starts but the punchline is 'leaf me alone, I'm bushed!'."

Saori raised an eyebrow as she removed her bandages.

"Well, it's funnier when uncle tells it." Zuko sighed.

"Right, maybe that's because he remembers the whole thing." Katara took a tea cup from Zuko as the others laughed.

"Uncle told that joke to me as well." Saori tried to recall it. "It goes......A tea server walks over to one of his customers and hands him a bushel of tea leaves. The customer thanks him for the nice gift. Later the tea server comes over and hands the customer another bushel of tea leaves. The tea server keeps bringing the customer tea leaves when the customer finally says "leaf me alone, I'm bushed!" Saori recited the joke word to word as Iroh had said it thousands of times.

The gang laughed as Zuko smiled. "Yeah, it went like that."

"It's nice to get a chance to relax once in a while. It hardly ever happens." Toph commented as she accepted a cup from Zuko.

"Hey, can I talk to you for a second?" Sokka asked Saori and Zuko.

The two followed the nonbender near Appa as he turned to them. "If someone was captured by the fire nation, where would they be taken?"

"What do mean? Who was captured?" Zuko asked.

"When the invasion plan failed, some of our troops were taken I just wanna know where they might be."

"I can't tell you." Zuko lowered his head.

"Of course you can." Saori spoke up. "My best guess would be the fire nation capital prison where Iroh was kept or the Boiling Rock."

"What's the boiling rock?" Sokka asked.

"The highest security prison in the fire nation. It's on an island in the middle of a boiling lake. It's inescapable." Zuko explained.

"So, where is this place?"

"Why do you need to know? What're you planning?"

"Nothing..boy, you're so paranoid."

"It's in the middle of a volcano between here and the fire nation, you guys actually flew right past it on your way here."

"Thanks you two." Sokka spoke as he yawned. "Just knowing makes me feel better." He walked away.

"Yeah, I'm sure it does."

"He's going to the boiling rock isn't he?" Saori sighed.

"Seems like it."

Time skip

"Not upto anything huh?" Zuko asked as Saori looked up from her book.

Sokka fell back as he grabbed the things that had fallen out his bag. "Fine, you got me. I'm gonna rescue my dad. Ya happy now?"

"I'm never happy."

"Look, I have to do this, the invasion plan was my idea, it was MY decision to stay when things were going wrong, MY mistake and it's my job to fix it. I have to regain my honor. You two can't stop me."