Chapter 1: The awakening

*un-edited*
___________________________
(a/n): book 3!
___________________________

Zuko's POV:

"Aren't you cold?" I heard Mai approach me.

"I've got a lot on my mind, it's beed so long, over three years since I was home, I wonder what's changed I wonder how I've changed."

I was slightly offended when Mai yawned but pushed the feeling away. "I just asked if you were cold, I didn't ask for your whole life story."

She wrapped her arms around me and made me look at her. "Stop worrying." She leaned in.

I couldn't. I pulled back before she could kiss me.

"What's wrong?" She asked.

"Its nothing...."

"Zuko?" She called out at which I hummed. "Do you like someone else?"

I didn't know what to say so I stayed silent.

"You like someone else." Mai assumed.

"What... What if I said yes?" I asked.

"Well it's not like you control who you like so I guess I would have to accept it." She shrugged.

"I do like her.."

"I see." She walked away.

I felt bad for leaving Mai hanging but it also felt wrong.

The time me and Saori spent together played in my mind.

"I don't understand what I saw in you before. You insolent fool."

I felt my chest tighten. Am I sick? I'll go to the physician when we reach.

Time skip

Third person POV:

"Where's Saori?" Aang asked.

"We haven't seen her for more than two weeks, we don't know where she is, the last time we saw her was after she helped me keep you alive." Katara informed him. "She said that she needed to write something somewhere and something to someone."

"What?"

"I don't know, she seemed distant, she left with both Dior and Iris and hasn't returned yet, Sokka tried to use her kunai but she isn't coming."

Saori's POV:

"Master! Master!" Iris and Dior shouted as the flew towards me. "You have to see this! The banished prince has officially returned back to the Fire Nation."

"What am I supposed to do with this information?"

"Not only that but I heard that General Iroh is kept in the capital city prison." Dior landed on my katana's hilt.

"I see, but before we pay Iroh a visit, I'll go check on Sokka and the others they've been throwing the kunai a lot. Would you give Iroh this?" I held two small boxes wrapped in cloths. "Make sure to not be seen."

The ravens took a box each and flew off.

Third person POV:

Iroh sat in his cell when two birds phased through the small window and landed infront of him. Dropping two boxes they flew back out.

The firebender opened the box to find water, herbs and tea leaves along with a note.

Hide it, it's quite a rare herb. Took me ages to find it. It will last for about a month from now.

-S

Iroh smiled as he opened a small hidden compartment in wall and kept the box in.

Opening a second he found a small bouquet of pinks and orchids.

Thank you.

The smell of the fresh flowers spread in the cell as Iroh hid the flowers away.

"Oh Saori..."

Time skip

"Suprise motherfuckers guess who's back." Saori smirked as Katara smacked her head. "What? Aang's not here, I am allowed to swear."

"Toph's here."

"Oh please she probably knows more swears than me."

"It's true, I do know a lot of swears." Toph confirmed.

Saori grinned in victory as Katara grimaced. "Just help us fing Aang."

The gang got onto Appa as Saori steered him.

"Aren't you two upset that your leaving your father?" Saori asked.

"To be honest, not really, we know that we will meet him again during the invasion." Sokka shrugged.

"I noticed your eye colour changed. Whys that?" Katara asked.

"Well turns out that the pattern on my back is the reason, I had most my chakras block so, the colour was hidden away, after I unlocked chakra it was activated."

"What do your eyes do now or did they just change colours?" Sokka tilted his head.

"Well, from what I remember, it can be used as a 'window to look into one's emotions'." Saori quoted Wan Shi Tong. "If I'm angry or alert, they turn red and if I'm relaxed they turn brown and black if I'm asleep or unconscious."

"And?"

"And..... They increase my ability to see in the dark and reduce my reaction time, it was written that they can be used to power up my sorcery but I haven't learnt that yet. I can get a more clear view of the water around me like water vapour and what not."

"I'll be deciding a name for them!" Sokka exclaimed.

"Go right ahead." Saori allowed.

"Are you really going to allow Sokka to make a name for your eyes?" Katara whispered to Saori.

"As long as it keeps him busy we'll be fine."

Saori attached a rope to Appa's horn and tied its end to her waist. "It was nice knowing you all." She jumped off.

She hung from the bison as she looked around for Aang, seeing Cresent Island in the distance she pulled herself back onto Appa and steered him down.

"There's the idiot."

Katara and the rest jumped down as Momo landed on Saori's shoulder and jumped onto Aang, licking his face.

"Where did Momo come from?" She muttered as Aang stirred awake.

"You're okay!" Katara held the Airbender close.

Toph pulled Saori behind her as they all hugged.

"I have so much to do." Aang spoke.

"I know, but you'll have our help." Katara assured.

"You didn't think you'd get out of training just by coming to the fire nation did you?" Toph joked.

Aang smiled which dropped a second later. "What about the invasion?"

"We'll join up with my dad and the invasion force on the day of the eclipse."

"Hey, what's.." Toph pulled out Aang's glider out the water. "It's your glider." She handed it to him.

"That's okay, if someone saw it, it would give away my identity, it's better for now that no-one knows I'm alive."

Aang jumped onto a higher ground and planted his glider into lava as it began to burn.

_____________________________________
Published- 27th May 2022
_____________________________________
1000< Words