Chapter 9: The Western Air Temple

*un-edited*
___________________________________________
(a/n): posting a chapter because I am sick. Also, I changed the cover photo!
___________________________________________

Third person POV:

"What item can we use?" Saori sat on her bed. Her right eye was still bandaged along with her chest.

"It must be of importance to you." Koh smiled creepily. "Perhaps this necklace." He held up the pendant and the chain. "You had a matching set with your sisters didn't you?"

Saori nodded. "You can use it."

"It's confirmed then, this pendant will be used to keep hold of the first daughter of Hizashi. But you must wear it so that it isn't damaged."

Saori took the necklace from Koh and ran her thumb over the smooth gem. "When will we seperate?"

"In a few hours, Wan Shi Tong and Yue are preparing. You'll be free to go to your companions after that."

Time skip

The girl teleported in the western air temple.

"Saori!" Katara called out to the girl as the others ran to her. "What happened?"

"I'm fine."

"No it isn't, your right eye is completely bandaged, your wearing a necklace which looks enchanted and don't think that I don't see the bandages under your clothes."

"How do you know about them?" Saori's visible eyebrow furrowed.

"I can see them near you neck. I'm asking you again. What happened?"

"I think that'll have to wait." Toph broke the conversation between the waterbenders.

She pointed to Zuko who was standing behind Appa.

"Hello, Zuko here."

Saori's eyes turned red as pain shot through them. Squeezing them shut, she calmed herself down.

Dior and Iris appeared and peached onto her shoulders as they croaked at Zuko.

"Hey, I heard you guys flying around and so I just thought I'd wait for you here."

Appa growled at Zuko before he licked the firebender.

"I know you must be suprised to see me here."

"Not really, since you've followed us all over the world." Sokka spat.

"Right..... Well, uhhhh..... Anyway, what I wanted to tell you about is that I've changed and I-uhhh am good now. And well I think I should join your group and oh, I can teach firebending to you." Zuko told Aang. "See, I uh-"

"You wanna what now?" Toph asked.

"You can't possibly think that any of us will trust you can you? I mean how stupid do you think we are?" Katara questioned.

"Yea! All you've ever done is try to hunt us down and capture Aang. You even tried to kidnap Saori!"

"I've done some good things!" Zuko argued. "I mean I could've stolen your bison at Ba Sing Se but I set him free. That's something."

"Appa does seem to like him." Toph spoke.

"He probably covered himself in honey or something so that Appa would lick him. I'm not buyin' it." Sokka dismissed Toph's comment.

"I can understand why you wouldn't trust me and I know I've made some mistakes in the past." Zuko glanced at Saori who refused to look at him.

"Like when you attacked our village?" Sokka asked.