Dear Diary (Prologue)

Prologue

14/02/2018

Valentine's  Day

Dear Diary

My name is Shaniqua Bello and if I'd been told last night that I'll be seated in front of Damned book writing my heart out with tears dripping down my eyes like crazy--especially on a Valentine's Day, I would have said, "Abegii" or "Shift", but I guess it's true what the say about how we as humans make plans and God laughs.

I have decided to make a sacred promise to myself on this day and that promise goes thus: "I, SHANIQUA AURORA BELLO HEREBY PROMISE NOT TO MAKE FRIENDS WITH ANY OTHER HUMAN IN THIS GOD FORSAKEN WORLD. I WILL ONLY KEEP TEMPORARY ACQUAINTANCES AND DISTANT LOVED ONES. I ALSO PLEDGE ON MY LEFT BREAST NOT TO KEEP ANY BOYFRIEND UNTIL I AM THE BIGGEST JOURNALIST IN THE WORLD WITH OVER A MILLION DOLLARS IN MY ACCOUNT. BOYS. . .SCRATCH THAT, MEN. . .ARE. . .BLUNT SCUMS.

I've seen movies and I've also read books of people humanizing their Diaries so I'm just going to inherit that ritual and probably even go further by giving you; my sweet sweet Dear Diary; a name but I'm also too heartbroken and incredibly stressed to rack my brain for the perfect name, so I'll just call you Abebi; Bebi for short lol. You'll be my new and only friend. You Bebi will go on to become the only one I entrust my deepest darkest secrets to and dem no born you well to tell anyone else I'll burn your papa to ashes and scatter it in the ocean and even burn the ocean as well.

Phew!

I'll calm down. . . Don't be scared, I promise I'm not usually like this, this girl is just heartbroken and in time you'll understand, and maybe by then, you'll even burn yourself to ashes for betraying me cos heaven knows I'm such a good person and I don't deserve the kind of betrayal I got in my life today.

The only thing I know right now is that I cannot love anyone anymore but I'm also not going to dive into depression like regular people cos the sad truth is that Moi? I'm not a regular person. I'll be happy. . .with you, as long as you prove yourself trustworthy.

I'll try my best not to kill you with updates every second cos God knows that I like to talk too much,(one of the reasons why I'm in this life messy puddle I've found myself rolling in right now if I'm gonna be honest), but...wait first, why am I promising not to kill you with complaints? What's your use? To stay in my tote bag and make it heavy?

I know. . . I know, I'm being violent again, forgive me, I'm just going through it No vex.

Someone's knocking, it must be my annoying roommate Shunammite. She has her keys I wonder why she keeps knocking; do I look like her maid? Wait, I'm not being fair, she's naturally forgetful and it's one of the things I find amusing about her—I can see her keys dangling on her bedside. I need to go now.

Bye Bebi.
Your Dear Friend, Shaniqua.

Valentine's Day 2018.

Vote
Vote
Vote
Thank you!
If you don't know how to vote, click on that star below and see what happens.
And yeah, follow me on Instagram @cinmithewriter