punch buggy (l.h)

luke and y/n loved taking road trips

luke and y/n loved taking road trips. just being near each other and singing their hearts out to old music, that's all they ever wanted.

this particular road trip was going from ann arbor, michigan to portland, oregon to visit y/n's family for a week.

the drive was 33 hours, and some of the things keeping y/n busy was netflix, music, sleeping, and talking to luke.

"blue punch buggy no punch backs." y/n said, punching luke in the shoulder after saying it.

"ow. what the hell y/n?" luke asked.

"you've never played punch buggy no punch backs?" y/n questioned.

"no." luke replied.

"oh my god, how do you even live?" y/n groaned.

"not everyone grows up the same way." luke told her.

"it doesn't matter, everyone has to know that game!" y/n whined. she unbuckled her seatbelt and reached for luke's usa sweatshirt from the back seat. she put it on and smiled.

"you'll see so many punch buggy's in portland, so you better get ready. i am the master of this game." y/n smirked.

once they arrived in portland, y/n had punched luke twice in the shoulder.

"im going to have a bruise on my arm now." luke told her.

"well i would punch your other arm, but i can't reach it. sorry." y/n apologized.

"red punch buggy, no punch backs." y/n said as they pulled into her neighborhood.

"wait till i tell you parents about what you're doing." luke told her.

"my parents will disown you for not knowing this game." y/n informed.

when they pulled into y/n's driveway of her childhood home, she was immediately greeted by her mom and dad.

"mom, you will never believe this." y/n said.

"what's wrong?"

"luke doesn't know punch buggy no punch backs." y/n said.

"in my defense, i've played hockey all my life so i've never had time to know about this game." luke defended.

"still! its a shame that you don't know it." y/n whined. her parents both smiled and looked at each other.

"they're going to get married someday." y/n's mom whispered.