child birth (q.h)

"quinn

"quinn." y/n yelled to her husband. the two were getting ready for bed when y/n's water broke.

"what?" quinn asked, running into the room.

"my water broke." she said with her eyes widen. quinn immediately grabbed the hospital bag and helped y/n into the car.

this was their first child together, and y/n was nervous. she was breathing heavy, trying to get through the painful contraction.

"i cant quinn. i cant do this." y/n cried, tightening her grip on quinn's hand.

"don't say that. you can do this. i'll be right here with you. you're doing amazing already." quinn comforted.

they got to the hospital and y/n was admitted into a room. she got hooked up to machines and was given fluids and was now starting an epidural.

y/n was trying to get some sleep while quinn was sitting on the couch, texting his family.

a nurse would come in every so often to check up on y/n, so quinn went to go get some food for her.

he was nervous, and walking around the hospital was calming him down a little.

when quinn got back to the room, he handed y/n her food and sat back down on the couch.

a contraction hit y/n mid bite and she placed the food down, gripping onto the side of the bed. quinn got up and ran to y/n's side.

"this epidural is not working." she said through gritted teeth.

"get the doctor, i cant, i can't do this anymore. i need to push." y/n told quinn. he called for a doctor and one came rushing in.

"you need to not push y/n. do not push." the doctor told her. she started to cry and scream from the painful contraction hitting her.

"i need to. i have to." she yelled.

"we have to get you into surgery. you're going to have a c-section." the doctor informed her.

the doctor and nurse quickly rolled her into surgery and started to operate on her. quinn was there, ready to see his son and his wife happy.

in just ten minutes, y/n had given birth to their son and quinn was holding him.

"she's flatlining." a nurse said. quinn looked up and watched as the doctors and nurses tried to help y/n.

he was scared, and a nurse could tell.

"why don't you come with me. i'll make sure your baby is okay." the nurse said to him.

"is she gonna be okay?" quinn asked, not moving a muscle.

"we don't know yet. you should come with me." the nurse told him again.

he wanted to stay with y/n because he promised to be by her side through everything, but he knew y/n would say to go with the baby and make sure he is okay.

quinn followed the nurse so that she could do all her tests on the baby.

a nurse came into the room and whispered something into her ear. the nurse smiled and looked at quinn.

"your wife is fine. she made it through, but she has to be in the hospital for a couple extra days to make sure she and the baby are okay." the nurse informed her.

"i have to keep your baby back here, but you are more than welcome to go see your wife." the nurse said. quinn nodded his head, leaving to go see y/n.

"im so glad you're okay. i was worried." quinn said, kissing the top of y/n's head. she was tired, he could tell, so he smiled and nodded his head.

"the baby is fine. get some rest so you can see him." quinn told her.