stood up (l.h)

there was y/n, sitting all by herself in this fancy restaurant, waiting for her supposed date to show up

every time the waitress came by, y/n would tell her that her date would be here soon. but he didn't show up, leaving both the waiter and y/n embarrassed.

y/n grabbed her bag and pulled out her phone, ready to text her "date" that she was going home.

the waitress came back over and y/n was going to ask for the bill before a man sat down across from her.

"sorry babe, traffic was crazy." he said, shooing the waitress away from the two.

"im luke by the way, just go along with it, yeah?" luke explained, "whoever didn't bother to show up is a dick."

y/n giggled and rolled her eyes.

"im y/n and yeah, that guy is a total dick." she agreed.

"my friends and i over there couldn't bear to watch you sit alone anymore so we all agreed that i should come over." luke said.

"why don't you invite your friends over, i don't want them to feel left out." y/n smiled. luke motioned for his friends to come over and the two sat down at the table.

"hi." y/n said shyly.

"hey, i'm brendan and thats matty." luke's friend introduced.

"im y/n, it's nice to meet you guys." she replied.

"whatever you want, it's on me. i feel bad that you got stood up." luke offered.

"are you sure?" y/n asked.

"yep." luke assured. "plus my mom raised me better. never let a woman pay for their meal when you're on a date."