new kid pt.2 (q.h)

lunch started and y/n skimmed the room to see if quinn was anywhere to be found

lunch started and y/n skimmed the room to see if quinn was anywhere to be found. she sighed, not being able to find him, and started to walk out of the cafeteria.

"hey y/n! wait up."

y/n looked back, seeing quinn run up to her.

"where are you going?" he asked.

"i was just gonna eat lunch out there.." y/n went on. quinn smiled, knowing that she was lying.

"you can come sit with me." quinn grabbed her hand and dragged her back to his lunch table.

"guys, this is y/n. she's new here." quinn announced to his table. everyone stared at y/n, making her feel uncomfortable.

the table went back to their conversations and the two sat at the end of the table.

"art girl. i didn't know you had this lunch." jack said, coming up from behind quinn.

"leave her alone jack." quinn growled.

"alright quinny. i'll see you in art tomorrow." jack said to y/n, winking at her.

"sorry about him. hes my brother and he doesn't know when to stop flirting." quinn apologized.

"he's your brother?" y/n asked.

"it's sad to say, but yes." quinn lowered his head, feeling sorry that y/n had to witness that.

"he just never knows when to shut up." quinn shook his head, making y/n smile.

the two talked about y/n's personal life, as well as quinns.

"would you like to maybe go out after school today? maybe during last period? that's my free period." quinn asked.

"sure." y/n smiled. the bell rung and many students filed out of the cafeteria.

"next class?" quinn asked as the two stood up.

"english with wood." y/n answered. she threw away her trash and walked next to quinn.

"so, i know jacks you little brother, any other siblings i should know about?" y/n asked as they grew closer to the english wing.

"i have another younger brother, luke. he's two years younger than jack." quinn answered.

"and you all play hockey?" she questioned.

"mhm."

"that must be a lot of games on the weekends and a lot of practices on the weekdays." y/n commented. quinn smiled, knowing she was right.

"can i get your number?" quinn asked.

"so i can text you when i'm done with class." he quickly covered up.

"sure." y/n smiled. quinn handed her his phone and she put in her number.

"there. just text me when you're done your last class and we can meet up somewhere." y/n said before going into her class.

quinn finally had her number and he was happy. he got the new girls number, mostly because he wanted to get to know her more, but because he found her attractive.

quinn walked to his next class with a big smile on his face. he just had to think of a plan to win her over.

when y/n's classes were over, she headed towards the library to do some homework that she had gotten. quinn had two more classes left for the day so she was going to be in the library for more than an hour.

y/n put in her earbuds and pulled out her folder that had endless sheets of paper in it. she took out the three pages of homework she had for physics, as well as the essay she had for english, and started to do them both.

what she didn't notice was the bells ringing and quinn sitting right in front of her.

quinn wasn't going to bother her. she was in the zone and he didn't want to make her loose focus.

"when did you get here?" y/n asked as she took out an earbud.

"about fifteen minutes ago. i wasn't going to bother you, you looked busy." quinn informed her.

"you could've. i didn't mean for you to just sit here and do nothing." she said as she put away her work.

"so, where are we gonna go?" y/n asked. the two signed out of school and headed towards quinns car.

"i have to stop at home real quick to grab my hockey stuff, but we can figure it out on the way to my house." quinn said.

y/n threw her backpack into the backseat and got into the passenger side. the drive to quinns house was peaceful. they decided to go to a little coffee shop.

plain and simple, but neither could come up with a good idea.

"you can come in. im going to be a few minutes." quinn said.

y/n got out of the car and went inside with quinn.

"mom im home! i brought a friend." he yelled out. y/n smiled and waited by the door for quinn.

quinns mom came into view and looked at y/n.

"hello, im ellen. what's your name?" she asked.

"y/n l/n." y/n answered, smiling slightly.

"l/n. that name sounds so familiar. do you happen to be d/n l/n daughter?" ellen asked.

"yeah, how did you know?" y/n questioned.

"oh my goodness. look at how big you've gotten. you were friends with quinn when we were in florida. i remember. you're dad is a ceo and you had to move around a lot." ellen recalled.

"gosh it's been so long. how are you?" ellen asked, hugging y/n.

"im good. how about you?"

"good, good."

y/n did remember meeting three small boys while she was in florida.

quinn, jack, and luke. all three were interested in playing hockey and even brought y/n along for some practices.

it was all coming back now.

y/n even had a crush on quinn. and that feeling was still there.