rings (j.h)

"we're going out for dinner tonight

"we're going out for dinner tonight. dress nice." jack told his girlfriend, y/n.

"why are we going out?" y/n asked from the living room couch.

"just because," jack shrugged his shoulders, "oh and a few teammates are coming along."

"when are we going?" y/n asked, turning off the tv.

"soon, so i'd start getting ready." jack replied. she got off the couch and went to the bedroom to get changed.

"wear your red dress! you look amazing in it!" jack yelled out to her. she smiled to herself and took the dress of the hanger.

y/n took off her sweats and pulled the dress on. jack came in at the perfect time and helped her zip it up.

"thank you." y/n smiled, giving jack a quick kiss. "now i have to do my hair and makeup."

y/n went into the bathroom and turned on her curling iron. as it heated up, she applied light makeup to her face.

once she curled her hair, she slipped on her heels and was ready to leave the apartment.

"can i ask who's coming?" y/n asked as they got into the uber.

"pk, hischier, ty, nate, and mikey." jack answered, making y/n nod her head.

when they got to the restaurant, they found their table where mikey and nate were already sitting.

they said their hellos and waited for ty, nico, and pk to come. once they did come, everyone ordered their drinks and food.

the night was fun, and y/n has happy that she got to spend time with jack and his friends.

when everyone was finished, they paid for their bills and started to leave the restaurant.

y/n wanted to say goodbye to the boys before they all left, but jack pulled her away and up to the roof of the restaurant.

up top their were faint lights, making it so that you could see. the city lights surrounded them and y/n admired the view.

"it's so beautiful up here." y/n said.

"yeah." jack agreed. he fiddled with the ring box in his coat pocket. he stood next to y/n and reached for her hand.

"we should come back her more often. it could be, like our spot." y/n chuckled. she noticed that jack wasn't acknowledging her comment so she looked over at him.

"are you alright, you seem a bit nervous?" y/n asked.

"yeah just uh.."

"jack, what's going on?" she asked cautiously, backing away from him.

"are you breaking up with me?" she questioned quickly.

"no! no. i love you too much to break up with you. it's just that.."

jack reached forward and grabbed y/n's hand, looking her right in the eyes.

"we've been friends since we were kids, and since then i knew that i have loved you. these past 16 years have been the best with you and i know that i only want to spend the following years with you so,"

jack pulled out the ring box and looked down at y/n who had tears in her eyes.

"will you marry me?" he asked.

"don't you have to be on one knee for it to be official?" y/n asked, choking back her tears.

"do you want me on one knee?" jack questioned.

"no." y/n laughed with jack.

"will you?" jack asked again.

"yeah." y/n smiled. she threw herself onto jack and hugged him tightly.

"i love you so much." she whispered. once she pulled away and wiped her tears, jack put the ring on her finger.

y/n admired the ring as they walked down the stairs. waiting outside were the boys and she put two and two together.

"they knew?" she asked.

"we did, now can i see the ring cause jack wouldn't show us?" nate asked. y/n laughed and put her hand out, showing off the ring.