easter (l.h)

it was the night before easter sunday, and luke was putting the two kids, hudson and ella, to bed

y/n was getting their easter baskets ready for when they woke up in the morning. knowing the kids would more than likely snoop through the basket, she would be hiding them in her bedroom.

"good night, i love you." y/n kissed the top of her kids head then went out to the kitchen. luke followed behind her and helped but the baskets together.

y/n never celebrated easter as a child. luke did celebrate, so y/n wanted her kids to experience it like she never did.

"i'll be in bed." y/n said to luke.

"alright. im gonna clean up, then i'll be in." luke kissed y/n's cheek.

"don't forget to bring the baskets in when you're done." she said. luke nodded his head and watched as she went into the bedroom.

luke knew that y/n never celebrated easter, and he wanted to change that. he had gotten her her own easter basket and filled it with candy and little things she wanted or needed.

he brought the baskets back into the bedroom, hiding them, then got into bed.

the kids woke up bright and early and scurried out of their rooms into their parents room.

"wake up wake up!" ella said as she jumped on the bed. y/n stretched and slowly opened her eyes. luke smiled and pulled ella down on top of him. hudson crawled into bed too and laid next to y/n.

"it's easter." hudson told them.

"it is? man, i guess i forgot." luke joked. ella giggled and looked back at luke.

"what's for breakfast?" ella's asked.

"yeah, what's for breakfast?" y/n repeated. she smiled at luke and he playfully rolled his eyes.

"what about pancakes?" luke suggested.

"yeah!" hudson said.

"why don't you go get changed and get ready. we're going to have to leave to go see uncle jack soon." y/n said. the two kids got out of bed and rushed to their rooms to get dressed.

since they were in new jersey and couldn't fly out to visit luke's parents, the closest option was to spend the day with jack and his roommate ty.

"happy easter." luke said.

"happy easter." y/n kissed luke before getting out of bed. she brushed her teeth and got changed into her clothes.

luke had started making breakfast and the kids were sitting at the island, waiting for their food.

"ell, did you brush your hair?" y/n asked.

"yes." ella said. y/n raised an eyebrow, looking at her daughters hair. she grabbed her hair brush and started brushing it.

"i said i did it mommy." ella whined.

"i was just making sure." y/n told her. luke placed the pancakes in front of the three and the kids reached for them.

"wait. you need plates and a fork." y/n chuckled. luke handed them their plates and forks, eventually getting them something to drink.

the family started eating their breakfast quickly, hoping to get to jack's place soon.

"okay have you brushed your teeth?" y/n asked as she put her dish in the sink. the kids shook their head and ran to go brush their teeth before they got in trouble.

"you can get their baskets and get ready. im all ready." y/n said. luke nodded his head, handing y/n his dirty dish.

luke got dressed and got the baskets from the closet. he made sure the kids were ready before bringing them out.

he handed one to hudson, one to ella, and one to y/n.

"why'd you get me one?" y/n asked, placing the basket on her lap.

"you said you never experienced easter, so i wanted to get you one like my mom used to do for me." luke told her. she smiled and looked at the kids who were already eating their candy.

"you just brushed your teeth." y/n complained. hudson smiled which made y/n and luke smile too.

"mommy! i got a barbie doll!" ella said. she showed the doll to luke, wanting him to open it.

"i got legos." hudson's eyes lit up and he smiled, thanking his parents.

"you're welcome, now we better get going to go see jack." luke said. y/n got the kids into their car seats and got into the drivers seat.

the drive wasn't long, but with two kids asking if they were there yet every second made it feel long.

hudson was excited when he saw they were pulling into jack's apartment complex. luke unbuckled them and the two kids ran to jack's door, knocking on it once.

"it's my favorite niece and nephew." jack smiled, giving hudson and ella a hug.

"guess what." ella said.

"what?"

"i got a barbie doll for easter." ella told jack.

"oh my gosh that is so cool. what did you get hudson?" jack asked.

"i got legos." hudson smiled.

y/n and luke walked up to the front door and jack stood up, hugging y/n and luke.

"happy easter." jack said.

"happy easter." y/n said back.

"i have a surprise for you. do you want to see it?" jack asked the kids.

"yeah." they both said.