fever (j.h)

"jack

"jack.." y/n yelled out to her husband. she was laying in bed since she was sick, and she didn't feel super great at the moment.

"what's wrong?" jack asked as he came into the bedroom. he noticed y/n's teeth were chattering and she had two blankets on top of her.

"im cold. come lay next to me." she said.

"i don't want to get sick. i have a big game coming up." jack explained. y/n frowned and turned on her side, her back facing jack.

"you don't love me." she mumbled. jack hummed, wanting to know what y/n had said.

"you don't love me." she said a bit clearer.

"that's not true." jack defended.

"if you really loved me, you would cuddle with me." y/n said. jack debated between his wife and his career.

before y/n knew it, jack was in bed next to her and was wrapping his arms around her.

"you really are cold." jack whispered.

"i know." y/n whispered back. she laid her head down on jack's chest and closed her eyes.

"get some rest." jack said, kissing the top of her head.

y/n got some rest while jack laid there, staring at the ceiling. he had some time to think. laying with y/n and possibly getting sick was definitely worth it.

after all, family over hockey. that's what his mother said at least.

after an hour, y/n started sweating and she kicked the covers off of her. she pushed jack away and rolled on her side so her back was facing jack.

he used this opportunity to get up and go to the kitchen for a glass of water. jack got an extra cup and filled it up with water, then placing it on the nightstand.

eventually y/n woke up from her nap and she was shivering once again.

"do you want some water?" jack asked. y/n nodded her head and jack grabbed the water. he carefully handed the cup to her, but she couldn't hold it.

"i can't.." she whispered. jack held the glass for her as she drank from it.

y/n was weak now, jack could tell, so her offered her some soup. she shook her head no, her stomach hurting so bad she didn't want to throw up.

"do you need anything else?" jack asked.

"the bathroom." y/n whispered. she took the covers off of her and got up. she started to stumble and jack grabbed her, carrying her to the bathroom.

"what would i do without you?" y/n asked, smiling weakly.

"a lot of things. i rely on you." jack answered.