across the room (q.h)

"will you just go over and ask her for her number?" elias pettersson, quinn's roommate asked

"will you just go over and ask her for her number?" elias pettersson, quinn's roommate asked. quinn looked at elias and rolled his eyes.

"why? she's a pretty woman and all, but what if she knows who i am. what if she wants me for money or something like that?" quinn asked. he took a sip of his drink then looked back at the girl.

"you obviously want to get to know her. just go over there and ask. if she knows who you are then ignore her for the rest of the night." elias said.

"who are you looking at?" y/n's friend, sage, asked.

"no one." she replied. y/n sipped her drink, watching the boy across the bar.

"you're looking at someone, who is it?" sage asked.

"that guy over there with the blonde one." y/n pointed to him very subtly.

"oh he's cute." sage smirked. y/n playfully punched her friends shoulder and turned red.

"shut up." y/n mumbled.

"come on, we are getting you his number." sage dragged y/n onto the dance floor, and quinn took notice.

the two made eye contact, as if it wasn't the first time, and y/n looked away quickly. quinn turned red and smiled.

"did he look at you?" sage asked.

"mhm." y/n nodded her head and smiled. the two danced, just letting them be themselves.

quinn saw her dance, and he was so tempted to go over there and steal her from her friend. he did want to talk to her, and he did want to buy her a drink.

"go over there dude." elias said, pushing quinn.

"she's with her friend. i cant just pull her away." quinn argued. elias rolled his eyes and pulled quinn to where the girl was.

"just go up to her, ask if she wants a drink." elias suggested.

sage saw what was going on so she shoved y/n into quinn and quickly walked away.

quinn looked back, wanting to argue with whoever was pushed into him, but saw y/n.

"i am so sorry! my friend-" y/n started, looking back for sage.

"my friend pushed me into you. i am so sorry." she said.

"you're good." quinn smiled. he looked back at elias who was smiling.

"do you want a drink?" quinn asked.

"please." y/n sighed. she followed quinn to the bar and started to think of what she wanted.

"what do you want?" he asked. y/n told him the drink, and he ordered it.

"thank you." y/n smiled. quinn nodded his head and smiled.

"can i get your number?" quinn asked quickly.

"im sorry, that was really random. we just met and we barely even know each other." quinn rambled.

"it's fine. i can give you my number." y/n said, calming quinn down. she handed him her phone and he put in his number.

"quinn?" y/n asked.

"yep." quinn nodded.

"im y/n." she smiled.