parents pt.2 (j.h)

y/n, jack, and his parents all sat down at the table, ready to eat dinner and just talk

"so y/n, what do you do job wise?" jim asked. y/n placed the baking dish into the middle of the table and sat down next to jack.

"well i'm still in college to get my degree. im currently taking classes to become a veterinarian." y/n smiled.

"wow, that's impressive. becoming a vet is hard, or so i've heard." ellen complimented.

"it's fairly easy when you know what you're doing." y/n chuckled. she took a bite of her food, letting herself calm down.

maybe meeting jack's parents wouldn't be so bad.

"this is really good. you made this y/n?" jim asked.

"mhm, my grandmothers recipe." y/n said.

after dinner, y/n went to go clean the dishes so they weren't piled up for later. jack and his parents were in the living room, not far from the kitchen so y/n could hear their conversations.

"she's really a sweet girl. i can't tell you really like her." jim said, making jack turn red. ellen chuckled at her sons reaction.

"i really love her. she's perfect." jack said.

"i can tell, and she loves you a lot too." ellen told him.

y/n came back into the living room and sat down next to jack. he held onto her hand and smiled at her.

"i love you." jack whispered, kissing the top of her head.

"i love you too."