|Chapter LXXV: Gunshot Wounds|

Liliana was dimly aware of the pain that was tearing her shoulder apart as she was barely conscious. Actually she wasn't even sure that she was at all conscious.

Liliana was aware of the seatbelts that kept her from falling, but she was barely aware of the music that was blaring out. "Hey, just stay awake. We are almost there." Jason murmured as he drove like a frenetic maniac and before he had taken off the seatbelts, Liliana was out again.

Liliana woke up crying out in shock as she was lying on a hard surface. As she craned her neck to look at the surface, she saw that it was a silver table and that her shoulder had been bandaged up completely.

"Where the fuck am I?" Liliana asked as she tried to sit up and she winced a bit at the pain in her shoulder. "Ow... fuck, that hurts!" She snapped and she spotted that Jason was walking over.

"Relax, Lili, you're in my apartment and you are safe-" Unfortunately for his explanation, Liliana wasn't too comforted by that and she let out a dangerous growl.

"Bullshit! I am not fucking safe anywhere near you, especially when you're working with the same guy that nearly killed me with fear not two years ago!" She snapped and Jason looked at her, as he sighed.

"You were unconscious for around four hours." Was all that Jason said as she sat up and her shoulder burned in pain, as she groaned quietly and he looked at her again. "Painkillers?" He held out some and Liliana scoffed at his medicine.

"You got any beer?" Liliana asked and Jason smiled a little as he walked over to the fridge, as she swung her legs off of the table. "Thanks." She murmured and he nodded, as he cracked it open for her. "Why did you bring me here, Jason? I'm a Titan." She said and he scoffed at the word.

"You and I both renounced that title when we left the team. You know that and so do I." Jason replied and she looked at him quietly, as he sighed. "In my mind, when I'm on that anti-fear drug... you are the only thing that kept me going." Jason murmured and she looked at him, as he was nodding a little. "I understand why you don't trust me, though..."

"You are juiced up right now?" Liliana asked and Jason looked at her as she'd tilt her head slightly to the side, as she studied his movements. "Nope. Pupils normal." She answered her own question and he scoffed at her words and she sighed. "Anti-fear?" She asked and he nodded. "Fuck sake, Jason. I would have helped you... I thought that I was helpin' you in my old way of doing things." She murmured and he put down his beer, as he walked to her and he nodded.

"You were helping me, Liliana. But I wanted to be able to be in the field as a vigilante." He murmured and she looked at him quietly, as she shook her head and zipped up the jacket that she was guessing was his, since it was too big on her.

"Why didn't you wait for me that night?" Liliana asked and Jason was stopped at the doorway and he sighed quietly.

"I didn't think that you would miss me, I guess. You can stay in the bed, I'll take the couch. Bathroom is just to your right." Jason said and Liliana felt guilty, as she curled up in the bed and she heard Jason going by, as was usual since it was his apartment.

Liliana couldn't sleep and she eventually got out of the bed and she checked the bandage, and she walked out of the bedroom and toward the living room.

Jason was lying down and soundly asleep on the pull-out couch, and he was apparently completely exhausted since his breathing didn't even change as Liliana creaked the floorboards.

Liliana lay on the other side of the pull-out couch and she felt his arms around her, as his eyes looked at her and she sighed. "Sorry. Couldn't sleep." She murmured and Jason said nothing, and, his arms locked around her in a protective embrace and she leaned her head against his chest.

"I love you." Jason murmured and pressed his mouth to her forehead, as she was resting her head on his arm.

"I love you too." Liliana murmured and she thought that she might have seen him smiling a little.

She rolled around to face the other way and her arms went around him in response, as Jason shut his eyes and she soon followed suit, ignoring the pounding pain in her shoulder from sleeping on it.