- Part II: Vicious Instincts -

"What makes you think that you can get away with hurting my family? My family is not just the family that I share blood with, since most of them are dead. But it is also the family that I chose to live with. My elder brother, the former Robin. My adopted father, the vigilante known as Batman who rains justice down upon the crime-ridden city of Gotham. Wonder Kid, the not-so much of a kid anymore, who is my chosen sister and has stood by me for years at a time and was the only one to advocate for my chosen mantle. The one thing that I have learned over the years that I will never forget, is that the family you choose... it doesn't have to be the family that you were born with.

Which makes sense about things like that, since I never knew my real family except for my brother. When someone tries to hurt my family, they should be prepared for the horrors that follow afterward. When my family gets hurt, there is nothing to stop my vicious instincts from rising. Nothing at all."

-Liliana Grayson

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Your brother may be a hypocrite, but he is also one of the most loyal and self-sacrificing people that I know. He is not the greatest brother figure, but when he comes down to it, he will be there for you."

"Then where was he, Donna? He promised to be there and he wasn't. How many of my birthdays has he missed or forgotten about? How many times has he sent me crappy-ass apology notes because of his refusal to see Bruce? I don't care about his refusal to see Bruce, but if he had to avoid Bruce... Why couldn't he have just come to see me?"

-Donna Troy & Liliana Grayson

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Looks like you found someone else to help you with the nightmares. Jason Todd, a former street kid turned Robin, now my little sister's best friend. What do you see in him, I wonder, except for being Robin?"

"Someone that I can trust, Dick. You left me alone without even saying goodbye. At least I know that Jason won't run off the second that he gets pissed off at Bruce. Because for all the faults and his vicious instincts, the duality that threatens to tear him apart, at least he doesn't leave. That is more then I could say for you at the moment, big brother."

-Dick Grayson & Liliana Grayson

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Liliana Grayson has finally for her own sake, she has learned to expect that Dick won't come home, simply because he is sick and tired of listening to all of Bruce's rules. The little girl that had once patiently waited for her older brother to come home, so that he could tell her about the missions that he went on with the Titans and with Batman, the girl who used to always wait at the window for him was dead.

The little girl who was sensitive to everyone's emotions and who was more likely to start crying then to move to defend herself, she was dead. As dead as dust & shadows, and in her place there was someone else.

The Eagle was what had risen in her place, a vigilante who was ruthless and cunning to every criminal that crossed her path, yet she had a very clear and similar duality to her that everyone in the Batfamily did. At the manor, she smiled quietly and only spoke when spoken to. Despite her freedom to speak, the girl that had once spoken to every person who walked through the door eagerly, she was dead too.

The only ones that were heard to make her laugh anymore, were Victoria Dawson the Wonder Kid and Jason Todd the New Robin. The one that was accepted by Donna Troy to be a sort of pseudo replacement for her as another half-Themysciran as Wonder Girl and the street-kid who had worked his way into trouble by trying to steal hubcaps.

These three are nigh inseparable and brutal to deal with when they are crossed by anyone. If it is one of their own, then god help whoever crossed them. The Eagle, Robin and Wonder Kid. These three have vicious instincts and a fierce nature to each their own. But one thing kept them from separating and killing each other.

The bond of family, one that they never expected to find.