|Chapter LXIV: Pete Hawkins|

Liliana was up on a rooftop just above the alleyway where Jason was standing and she was already dressed to impress, as her black and blue suit was dark enough to blend in with the rooftop, but it didn't do much to disguise her when eventually, somebody would bother to just simply look up.

But she wasn't worried, as she was there to keep an eye on Jason as per Bruce's orders and to also, hopefully keep an eye out for any possible signs of the guy that she had been looking into, a goon for the Joker who was grabbing kids and her eyes flashed with surprise, when she had first seen Jason walking up with his friend Molly. "Go fucking figure." She muttered quietly, as she enhanced the microphone that was in Jason's "Wayne Enterprises / Bat Tech" phone and she was listening in silence as she linked it to her earpiece.

"The guy's name is Pete Hawkins. This fucking piece of shit has been very frequently in and out of Blackgate. Says that he gooned up with the Joker first, last year." Jason's voice came through her earpiece and Liliana looked over at where Pete Hawkins was talking to someone, a young girl and Liliana growled quietly under her breath in a fury.

"And... How exactly do you know that?" Molly must have been close enough to the phone for Liliana to hear it too, as she spoke into it and her earpiece was flooded by both of their voices, as she waited to hear something that indicated action was coming, that she may need to step in for.

"Told you. I'm still me, damn right." Jason's cocky tone made Liliana scoff, as she recognized it and she was creeping along the rooftop toward where they were headed. She had left her bag in the alleyway down below and evidently, Jason had bigger things to worry about at the moment and he currently was engaging Pete Hawkins in a conversation.

"Do I know you, kid?" Pete asked and Liliana waited a little bit impatiently to see what Jason was going to say, before she decided whether to jump in or not and she was crouched, poised at the edge of the rooftop and she was shaking her head. Calling Jason "kid" had been his very first mistake.

"I'm "Fuck." She's "Off." Jason pointed first to himself and then to Molly, who waved sarcastically at Pete Hawkins and Liliana stifled a quiet chuckle, as she thought it was one of his better ones compared to the other ones that were just a string of curses and profanities stretching a mile. "We hate clowns." Jason finished.

"Clowns?" Pete Hawkins was going to play dumb about it and from the readings that her watch was getting, his heartbeat was rising as he lied his ass off about it and Liliana narrowed her eyes at him, then her eyes flicked to Jason and finally to Molly, who was the only one with no training of the three.

"Maybe you ran across a kid? Diego?" Jason's tone of voice was clearly not that of a question.

"Martinez." Molly finished, as Jason walked forward with a robin-like swagger, all to be swiftly and right up in Hawkins' face and up on the roof, Liliana shifts her position, just so that she could avoid hitting Jason when she dropped into the fight that she was sensing was brewing.

"You know him?" Jason questioned coldly and his tone was dark.

"You must have me confused with someone else." Pete answered.

"Liar." Liliana whispered softly.

"You haven't done enough time, to look at me like that." Pete said in a threatening tone.

"You have no idea who I am." Jason replied and as soon as Liliana saw the gun, she saw that Jason had frozen.

"Where's your swag now, cowboy?" Jason didn't get a chance to respond, as when Pete hit him across the face, Liliana moved swiftly. Jason hit the ground and Liliana knocked the gun out of Pete's hand quickly.

Liliana punched him in the throat and Pete gagged, as he struggled to breath and Liliana saw red, as she lunged forward in a fury. Before she knew it, she was staring down at the mess that his face had become and Pete Hawkins looked terrified of her, as Liliana backed away. "Touch any kids again, or anyone that you try to bring to the Joker and I'll find you. I swear to fucking god." Pete ran and Liliana saw that her suit was covered in blood, as she turned around to find that Molly was gone and that Jason was in the alleyway, backing up and away from her. "Hey, it's me." She said and her hands were up, as he nodded.

Liliana slipped into the nearby alleyway with no cameras and she came out in her civilian clothing, as Jason looked at her and she sighed. Jason reluctantly moved his hands away from his face, as she carefully checked for any broken bones. "What were you going to do?" She asked and he shook his head at her.

"I don't know... but I think that I really need to see Dr. Thompkins." He whispered and she nodded, as she reached out and took his hand in hers. They stood in the alleyway for awhile, just silently trying to calm themselves before they returned to the craziness of the Bat world.

"Bruce told me that I'm not supposed to allow you access to the Robin suit." Liliana murmured and Jason sighed as he nodded and it was clear that they had both been expecting it and for the two, they knew that they eventually had to go home and face the music.