|Chapter VIII: The Rise|

"What's the deal with you and your brother? He doesn't want you crime fighting and helping them out?" Victoria asked as Liliana and her sparred across the training floor, as Liliana glared at her with a sigh.

"You had to mention my brother." Liliana stated to the older girl and Victoria shrugged briefly before Liliana's foot swept out and Victoria hit the ground hard, as Liliana snapped out her staff and the tip of her staff was against Victoria's throat and Victoria grunted. "Beat you, again." She said and Victoria groaned.

"Ow. You suck." Victoria grumbled and Liliana shook her head at her words, as she swung her staff to the side and extended her other hand out to the older girl. Victoria accepted the hand up and suddenly, the alarm wailed out.

"Bruce!" Liliana said into the microphone, as she collapsed her staff and she jumped into the spinning chair, slipping her headset on. Victoria grabbed her duffel bag and disappeared behind a nearby pillar.

"What is it this time?" Bruce asked through the headset and Liliana could hear a motorcycle engine running in the background, as she started to type and she was shaking her head at him and his words.

"Looks like the Riddler and a bunch of gangs setting fires across town. Wonder Kid is also coming "RIGHT NOW!" on her way to reinforce you!" Liliana snapped and she was putting particular emphasis on "right now" since Victoria was notorious for getting to the scenes of the crime only after all of the actual fighting was actually done, despite her being stronger and faster than almost everyone that they fought. "Hurry up Wonder Kid!" She snapped over her shoulder.

"I'm going! I'm going!" Victoria snapped at Liliana and quickly with a whoosh of air, she disappeared and took off running.

"Batgirl, how are we looking?" Liliana asked as she heard a line click, which she took as an indication that Barbara Gordon was once again online and ready to fight as Batgirl, while she was stuck in the Bat-Cave, typing away at a bunch of computers.

"I could use some help over here." Barbara replied and Liliana hesitated, spinning around to face a different screen.

"Wonder Kid? Where the hell are you?" Liliana asked sharply as she was spinning around in some literal circles, in order to try and keep up with everything that was going on around her, as she was hearing the fighting from three different people.

"I'm busy in the middle of what appears to be a gang war over here! I'm a little busy!" Victoria shouted and Liliana winced at the sounds of shouting in her ears. "Why can't you come and help us?!" Victoria shouted and Liliana cursed.

"Liliana, don't you dare--" Liliana pulled off the headset quickly, cutting off Barbara as she ran quickly over to a hidden panel in the wall that Donna had made for her. Liliana tapped her watch and the glow of it expanded to make out a shape of the frame of a doorway on the wall as Liliana pushed it open and there was a suit behind it.

"I will take care of the stupid Gotham gangs, Wonder Kid. Just get your ass over there and help Batgirl." Liliana said as she raced out of the Bat-Cave and she kicked the motorcycle quickly into gear as the engine roared to life and she raced off in a skid of dust.

Liliana's smoke bombs scattered throughout the alleyway around Victoria and the fighting gangs, and it gave Victoria time to escape out of the way and Liliana was crouching on a nearby rooftop, as she watched the gang members looking around in confusion. Liliana jumped down into the center and the gangs started shooting in all directions, as she moved through them with escrima in hand to deliver some well-deserved beatdowns.

Liliana looked around at the mess of the gangs and she was shaking her head, as she scoffed. "It isn't easy to move in this thing." She muttered to herself as she collapsed her escrima sticks once again and she slipped them back into her pockets.

"Who the hell are you?" Liliana raised her eyebrows at the sound of a person's voice, as she turned to see that there was one gang member that was not quite fully out yet, as she looked at the person with a shake of her head.

Liliana's fist swung out and knocked him out cold, as his head hit the ground again and she shook her head. "I don't even have a name yet." She mumbled to herself as she jumped up onto the nearby fire escape and began to climb from there. "Everyone all good?" She asked as she activated her communicator once again.

"All good here." Barbara's voice crackled through the coms.

"The Riddler is on his way back to Arkham Asylum in handcuffs." Victoria reported.

"We might have new people joining us. Everyone is to return back to the house now and I do mean, right now." Bruce's voice cracked through their good moods like a knife through hard and frozen butter, as Liliana sighed and she jumped off of the roof and she twisted around quickly, scrambling down the drainage pipe until she landed next to the motorcycle.