|Chapter LIII: Lack Thereof|

Jason sat up as she walked back into the room and Liliana shut the door behind her. "What did you do to your hand?" He asked and she looked at it, as she shook her head at the question and she sat down, as she looked at her thumb.

"I dislocated my thumb." Liliana admitted and Jason sighed, as she swiftly forced her thumb back into place and she was shaking her head at the sight. "I can't believe that I was so pissed, that I forgot to keep my thumb out of my fist. That doesn't happen very often." She mumbled as she felt his arms around her and she rested her head on his chest.

"What did he say, after you let it out on him?" Jason asked and Liliana scoffed quietly at the question, as she was listening to his heartbeat and her eyes were half-closed as she listened to the familiar sound.

"I left before he had the chance to respond. I was afraid that I would try to kill him, if I stayed in the same room." Liliana murmured and when Jason laughed at the words, she could feel his body shaking briefly and heard his laughter.

"That is a fight that I seriously and for real, I would pay to see it. The great Dick Grayson vs younger and smaller Liliana Grayson, Camp Counselor vs The Eagle." Jason had a faint tone of a narrator and she was shaking her head at him.

"I would lose." Liliana murmured and Jason looked down at her with a rather unamused expression on his face, as she raised her eyebrows in response to the look of annoyance on his face. "What?" She asked in confusion.

"You had better not lose, I was going to be fricking betting on you, and not him." Jason replied evenly and with a straight face, meanwhile Liliana was nearly full-on laughing at the thought of Jason taking bets on a fight like that.

"That is one person who thinks I can win." Liliana murmured and she dropped her head a bit at the words and Jason was the one who was left to look confused. "I couldn't beat a bunch of inmates at Arkham Asylum on my own, Jase. They were all beaten by Dick, Bruce, Barbara and even by Victoria at some point." She mumbled.

"You were barely fourteen, Lili. Your skills have grown exponentially since then." Jason said and she looked up at him and she was laughing. "What what is it now?" He asked, as she was shaking the entire room with her attempt at keeping her laughter hidden.

"Exponentially? Do you even know what that word means?" Liliana asked and he lifted his shoulders at the question.

"A lot?" Jason guessed and Liliana looked surprised. "I got it right, didn't I?" He guessed by the look on her face and she nodded slightly. "Well, Bruce does usually make me crack open a book or a dictionary every once and awhile, so I guess that some of it finally stuck."

"That sounds like Bruce." Liliana murmured and he looked over at his Robin case, as she looked around him to spot it where it was half-hidden in the corner. "Do you miss being Batman and Robin with Bruce, or do you miss being Robin and beating the shit out of criminals more?" She asked and he looked down at her, as she tilted her head to the side and was waiting for his answer.

"Robin and beating the shit out of criminals, for sure. But there was one thing I missed more than either." Jason admitted and she lifted her eyebrows at him. "You, you idiot." He said and she rolled her eyes at him, certain that he was joking about it.

"Bullshit." Liliana said and Jason's face was serious for once, as she raised her eyebrows at him and there was a cross between surprise and shock on her face. "Wait, you were fucking serious about that?" She questioned.

"Why wouldn't I be?" Jason questioned and Liliana's eyes were narrowed, as if she was trying to find the sarcasm hidden in the question that he had just asked and Jason sighed quietly. "Look, I am serious this time. When was the last time that I was honestly ever not straight with you about something I felt serious about?" He pointed out and Liliana nodded slightly at the words.