|Chapter XI: Worries|

"What are you doing up there on the roof, Miss Grayson?" Alfred asked and he was now looking out of a window and he could see that Liliana was silently staring at a single cupcake on the roof next to her.

"Celebrating my birthday. On my own." Liliana said sharply and at the words, Alfred simply sighed, as he sounded like he had dealt with this kind of thing before and with the people he helped in the world Liliana knew right exactly who he meant. "I'm fine, Alfred. I just need to be away from the craziness." Liliana mumbled and Alfred sighed, as he continued to look out the window.

"All right, young one. Let me know if there is anything that you might require of me, Miss Grayson." Alfred was too kind, Liliana was thinking as the butler disappeared from the window and she turned her head back to the cupcake.

Liliana shut her eyes and blew out the candle, as she opened them and she looked at the cupcake with a downcast look on her face. "Happy birthday to me, I guess." She mumbled and she yelped in surprise, as a knife sliced neatly through the cupcake in half and it almost lost her a few fingers as well. "Holy fucking shit." She snapped and she looked over in the direction where it had come from and Jason was jumping onto the roof. "You asshole. I almost lost a few fingers to your throw." She said and Jason shrugged, as he walked not-so-carefully across the roof. "Did Alfred tell you where I would be?" She asked as she picked up the knife in her hand and she spun it around her fingers.

"No, Barbara and Victoria did. They were concerned about you being alone on your birthday, so they sent me up here." Jason said and he looked at the cupcake as Liliana sighed at the look on his face and she handed him half. "You sure?" He asked and she nodded, as he took the cupcake half and he ate it.

"Did they volun-tell you to come up here?" Liliana asked and he shook his head at her, as she looked at the cupcake and she held it out to him. "You can have the cupcake, I have completely lost my appetite." She murmured and he took the cupcake from her.

"Thanks for the cupcake. But isn't it your birthday and not mine?" Jason asked and she snorted a little bit at his words, as she was shaking her head again.

"I used to share whatever we had with my brother anyways on my birthday and he did the same... it was really just a sort of tradition. I would take it back, but you just ate it and I really don't need to be puked on today." Liliana remarked and Jason rolled his eyes at that and he made certain to start making fake-gagging noises, as she smacked him gently on the shoulder and he stopped.

"Bruce is throwing a massive party for your birthday. You excited?" Jason asked and he had already seen the disgusted look on her face, as Liliana shook her head and she leaned back on the roof a bit. "I didn't really think so. Bruce insisted on getting me a suit, not that I need one or ever plan on wearing one."

"You in a suit? Can't picture it, to be completely honest." Liliana said bluntly with a half-smile on her face. "Dick, Victoria and I just hung out in the Bat-Cave. We skipped most, if not all of the many stupid parties to train and fight." Liliana admitted and Jason chuckled.

"That sounds more my speed. Besides, weren't you the one who said that I needed more training?" Liliana laughed at his words and her eyes lit up with laughter, before she chuckled and she smirked. "Oh no, I don't like that look. What have you got planned?" Jason questioned at once.

"I'll be right back. Don't move." Liliana said and she scrambled over to the window and climbed back into the house. A good few minutes later, Liliana came back grunting with wooden weapon after wooden weapon tucked under her arms. "Maybe I should  have just made Victoria bring 'em up. Here." Jason caught the wooden sword that she awkwardly rolled across the rooftop to him and Jason picked it up with raised eyebrows, as Liliana climbed up onto the roof and she grabbed her bo-staff comfortably.

"Wait. You are not seriously going to train me on the roof, are you?" Jason asked and Liliana lifted her shoulders in a shrug, as she spun the bo-staff. "You are one crazy kid." He said and Liliana scoffed at his words.

"One, not a kid. Two I'm not crazy, but I'm being realistic. If you want to survive on the streets like you have and wear the Robin suit, then you have to be able to catch yourself and fight on any surface. Rooftop, ground, lava, around water. Alleyways and pits, you never know where the call will take you. My job is to prepare you, so that you don't end up needing to get your ass saved every call that we take, understand?" Liliana asked and Jason looked at her with a look that said very clearly "I don't care" and she sighed. "I won't let you fall. I didn't, when Bruce and Dick took me up here." She said and he shook his head.

"You are going to keep pushing until I try to train up here, right?" Jason asked and at his words, her eyes lit up with the smirk that stretched across her face.

"Damn right." Liliana said and he sighed, as he held the sword in his hands. "That's more like it now, keep the sword up and try to stay away from the edge of the roof, please." She said and he groaned, at the mention of the roof.

Liliana swung the staff at about three times slower of a speed then she normally would go and Jason managed to knock the jab away, as he swung the sword at her side and Liliana stepped to the side to avoid it. "Why are you going slower?" Jason asked and Liliana scoffed.

"Because if I go at my full speed on the roof, we could both go over." She stated and Jason winced at the thought, as he took a peek over the edge of the roof. "Two teenager pancakes, I don't think Alfred would like cleaning that up very much." Liliana pointed out and Jason smirked at the thought, as the two continued.

Liliana knocked Jason's legs out from under him and Jason toppled over the edge of the rooftop. "Shit!" Liliana shouted and she tossed the staff to the side and she dove over the edge after him. Liliana tapped the bracelet on her left watch and she caught Jason's wrist in her hand, as they were falling and Liliana's bracelet started to work.

A grappling hook was sent up into the roof and they stopped in midair, as Liliana was attached to the grappling hook by a cable and Jason was currently hanging in midair right below her. "I told you." Liliana said and Jason looked up at her, as despite the situation they were currently in, he was suddenly laughing and so was Liliana, who was shaking her head. "Hey Wonder Kid! Get us back into the house, will you?!" She called out and the golden lasso swung down and it caught Jason quickly.

"Hang onto my shoulders then. It is only fair, just considering that you were holding me up for at least five minutes without any help." Jason pointed out and Liliana looked up, as she waited for a response from Victoria.

"I'm not saying no." Came the classically blunt response.

Liliana caught onto Jason's shoulders and Victoria managed to easily pull them both back up onto the roof and Liliana unhooked the grappling hook from the rooftop and she shook her head at the sight of Victoria holding out the staff to her. "Escrima would have been easier." Victoria joked and Liliana stuck out her tongue at the older girl, as she wound up the grappling hook.

"You didn't let me fall." Jason pointed out and Liliana shrugged at him, as she scooped up the bo-staff and walked back off of the roof. "She is more used to talking with her fists, then she is with her mouth, isn't she?" Jason asked and Victoria chuckled.

"You're learning fast, Jason, real fast. You just need to keep her from being angry at you and you might just survive her relentless training methods that she learned from Bruce and Dick. Just hang in there and you'll survive, assuming that she survives whatever Bruce has planned for her and her fighting skills." Victoria said and she looped her lasso and slipped it onto her belt, as she walked away and hopped back into the house.