|Chapter XXIV: Screams|

Liliana was crouching in the corner of her room with her head buried in between her legs, as she was sobbing and she heard Dick calling for her and when there was no response, he kicked the door in and she was shrinking away from him. "Hey, hey! It's me!" His shouting wasn't helping that much, at all, at the moment and she was shuddering.

"Get out!" She roared at him and Dick backed up suddenly, as he saw the wild and crazed pain in her eyes and Liliana shut her eyes again, trying her best to start to slow her heartbeat down and as he saw this, Dick backed out of the room and shut the door.

Liliana scrambled over to her laptop and her phone on top of it. Liliana grabbed for her phone and her fingers scrambled through her contacts to find the number. She pressed it and she was waiting, as her breath was ragged. "What time is it?" The voice on the other end muttered and Liliana slipped her earbuds in, so that no one else got disturbed. "Lili, what's wrong?" Jason muttered blearily and Liliana felt guilty for waking him up.

"She is probably just being her annoying self and waking up screaming. Is she not practically just whiny, useless and a fucking pain in the ass in general?" Liliana heard Carmen's voice in the background and she stiffened, as Jason growled a little bit.

"Leave her alone already Carmen." Jason suggested in a voice, that said that it wasn't really a suggestion at all and Liliana was shaking, as she heard him walking around. "Sorry. What was it this time?" Jason asked quietly and Liliana was focusing on his voice, as it was a coping mechanism that had worked since she had been recovering from her experience at Arkham Asylum.

"Needles. Always needles." Liliana murmured and Jason sighed quietly at her words. "I just fucking screamed at Dick to get out." She admitted and Jason had to laugh at that, as Liliana was shaking her head a little.

"At least I can comfortably say to everyone, that Liliana can terrify people with her voice alone without the need of any other weapons." Jason murmured and Liliana was leaning back against the wall. "Hey, you still there?" Jason asked carefully.

"Yeah, I'm here. Just trying to keep my head screwed on straight." Liliana admitted and she heard Jason swear. "What happened to you?" She asked, opening her eyes and Jason groaned quietly.

"I ran into the wall." He admitted and without thinking, Liliana busted out laughing and Jason sighed at the sound but eventually, he was laughing as well. "You sure you don't need me to get my ass down there?" Jason questioned and Liliana sighed softly.

"Yeah. Yeah, I'm sure." Liliana insisted and it was only when she had been able to hear the yawn on the other end, she felt absolutely terrible. "Jesus Jase, I'm sorry. It's 2am and you are awake and up dealing with my shit. Maybe your friend was right..."

"Carmen doesn't know shit about anything in life, Lili. The only thing that she knows, is how to hurt people." Jason argued at once and Liliana shook her head quickly at the words, despite him not being able to see it.

"Just get some sleep J." Liliana murmured and after another yawn, they hung up and Liliana shook her head, as she went to get some water. She found herself unable to shake the thought out of her mind, that Carmen Little's words were true, as she got back into her room and she shut the door behind her and she deadbolted it by force of habit.

"She is probably just being her annoying self and waking up screaming. Is she not practically just whiny, useless and a fucking pain in the ass in general?"

"Whiny and useless--"

"Pain in the ass in general..."

"Leave her alone, Carmen."

"The only thing that she knows, is how to hurt people."

Liliana's hands were trembling at the battling voices in her head and in an attempt to drown out all of the voices, Liliana slipped her headphones on over her ears after taking out her earbuds and the music began to blast out in her ears, as she shut her eyes and willed the voices away from her and out of her head.