|Chapter LI: That Fucking Demon Kid|

"Hey, you okay?" Liliana asked as she knocked on the door and Jason had his eyebrows raised as he was looking over his shoulder at her and when he realized it was her, the fear descended into humor... but not soon enough. "Before you try to lie to me, try to remember that I was the one who patched you up every time you got injured during one of our training fights, or when you and Bruce came back from the streets and you were injured, since Bruce hadn't been watching your back carefully enough, and Victoria was out of town." She reminded him as she did, every time he tried to close himself off from her and Jason simply dropped his head a little bit, as if he was ashamed of something and she shut the door behind her at the pain on his face.

"Hey, it's okay to be scared." Liliana murmured and she moved her arms around him, as Jason was shaking and she could almost see the walls coming down. "But it isn't okay to lie to someone who is just trying to help you. Sit down." She said and Jason grunted under his breath, as after she had given him a crushing hug, he had clearly been in pain.

"Remind me why you care again?" Jason muttered under his breath and she wasn't even meant to hear it but unfortunately for him, Liliana's ears were excellent and she glared at him sharply at the words. "You weren't meant to hear that." He mumbled.

"No shit. Do you have bruising around your ribs?" Liliana said and he looked at her with a look on his face clearly stating "do I look like I actually checked that already?" and she was shaking her head. "Shirt off then." She said and Jason winced at the words. "Oh come on, you idiot. How is this any different then any of the multitude of other times?" Liliana questioned.

"True. You have probably seen most, if not pretty much all of my scars by now at one point or another." Jason said and she looked for external bruising immediately, which was the first sign and she was shaking her head.

"Deep breath." Liliana ordered and Jason hissed when her hand was against his ribcage and surprised, she raised her eyebrows and she looked at him. "What?" She asked and she sounded confused.

"Your hands are seriously fucking cold." Jason muttered and Liliana laughed a bit at the words, as she shook her head. "Why are you laughing at me?" He asked and she was shaking her head with a grim smile on her face. "What is it, huh?" He repeated.

"Honestly Jase? I just thought that you were going to going to say that the pain was too horrible and that you had broken some of your ribs." Liliana explained as she was shaking her head and he continued to take deep breaths at her suggestion. "I'm laughing, because I am relieved that the fucking demon kid didn't do any serious damage to you." She said and sat down next to him.

"That makes sense, I guess." Jason muttered and she gently nudged his arm with hers and he lifted his eyebrows at her. "Okay, what is the smirk about? I thought that was my thing." He said and she shook her head.

"You saying that my hands were too cold, just means that your body is still running at a high temperature from the adrenaline. It will regulate itself and then, it'll be back to me being the one that is constantly running at a high temperature from adrenaline." Liliana murmured and Jason was shrugging a little bit, as she leaned against him and he moved his arm around her. "But, I am actually cold so, maybe that's the reason." She muttered and Jason laughed at the words.

"Is that just your way of saying to me, that you really just wanted my shirt off? Cause all you actually had to do was ask... Ow!" Jason said as in response to his words, she had elbowed him hard in the side and he was wincing.

"Very funny." Liliana muttered and Jason was shaking his head with a look of amusement on his face, as he could see that her face was flushed and her ears were bright red with embarrassment at the thought.

"You okay?" Jason asked after a couple of minutes, as the silences that were normally comfortable for the both of them, this time it was unbearably awkward and Jason had no doubt that it was because of what he had said.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Shouldn't I just be asking you, that question? I wasn't the one who just got dropped on my back by a demon kid, you were." And with that, the awkwardness was gone and it was replaced by the familiar easiness that came from knowing one another so well.

"True." Jason conceded and Liliana chuckled, when she spotted the minifridge in the corner of the room and she got up and opened the minifridge. She came back with a six-pack and Jason's eyes lit up. "Thanks." He murmured and she took one, before handing the others over to him and she cracked hers open. "If you're tired, you could go to sleep. I'll wake you up if I find any new information." He pointed out and she lifted her shoulders with a small shrug. "Get some rest, I'll see what I can find out from the others." He said and Liliana yawned loudly in some clear agreement, before she left the room.