|Chapter LXXXII: Paradise Island (II)|

"Just what in the fricking hell after I went to rest, did you do end up doing last night Rachel?" Victoria asked as the next day, she could see them all gathering and Rachel looked at her as Victoria groaned. "You got caught by Lydia, while trying to bring Donna back from the dead?" She guessed and Rachel nodded.

"In this hour, as in all hours, we seek balance. We request all the blessings of Ártemis as together, we do begin our Endeavor. Given of course, that the ritual of Ordígì has been disrupted. Given, that the act of blasphemy has caused us a clear imbalance. Given, the act was committed by Rachel Roth. Implied, that the transmigration of Donna Troy's soul has been corrupted." It was Lydia saying a long-winded ritual and insulting Rachel and her powers, all at once. "Any hope for resurrection is now jeopardized by this act..."

"Wait, you don't know that..." At the look from Myrrah on one side and the look from Victoria on the other, Rachel did the smart thing and went to drop her head. "Sorry." She quietly murmured.

"Therefore, determined, balance must be restored through the very appropriate Result." Lydia finished.

"I request that the council hold that Rachel Roth is a visitor to our island and is still largely ignorant of our ways." Myrrah was trying her best to stick up for Rachel.

"Willfully ignorant." Lydia countered and Victoria stepped forward, which seemed to startle the rest of them, as Victoria's lasso on her hip was glowing.

"While the truth may be both that Rachel is largely ignorant of our ways here on Themyscira and as you say Lydia, she could also be willfully ignorant of the same. But Rachel Roth was raised far from here, in the very same place that I was. The world, the place that she was raised in, was very different from here. Perhaps in the eyes of the Council, she should have a different test." Victoria cut in and after she had finished, she caught that Lydia was glaring at her with chilling anger in her eyes.

"Do not forget your place here Victoria Dawson. You are half a human, you were trained specifically by us, in order to learn to not let that part of you get the best of you." Lydia's rebuke was sharp and swift, as Victoria's eyes flared with rage.

"No matter how much one wants to be fully Themysciran, I would have to admit that I am at least not as stuck up as you." Everyone gasped at those words. "I came back to Themyscira out of respect for Donna, so I could grieve without pity. But now all I see is a group of warriors, who have just chosen to ignore everything about the modern world. Which is something I cannot and will not stand for. Nor will I stand by and watch, as you try to do it again to someone else." Victoria snapped.

"You do not deserve that lasso of the gods, that you wear!" Lydia had made a grave error in attempting to be the one to take it back, as her hand was burned by it, and Victoria's eyes lit up with a hundred emotions.

"May I submit initial Result?" After the brief distraction of Lydia burning at the touch of the lasso of Loyalty, the subject was back to Rachel. "Result. I will oversee a large increase in both task and in training, as well as initiate a curriculum in the culture and rituals of our island."

"Insufficient Result." Lydia declared.

"Secondary Result. I propose that Rachel be allowed to--" Myrrah tried until Rachel interrupted.

"I wasn't committing blasphemy of any kind. You have no proof that what I did hurt Donna or her soul's transmigration." Rachel announced to the group, as Victoria nodded slightly at her words.

"Please, Rachel." Myrrah insisted.

"It is just simply, that I do not see why I should be punished, because you all, are afraid of me and my powers." The teen had finished her words.

"I am honestly not at all afraid anymore of your powers over life and death Rachel. But I also agree that she should not be punished for using her abilities since after all, they are a part of her. Asking her to stop using her powers is like asking me to turn off my human half, it simply is not as simple or either plausible nor possible for us to do." Victoria agreed with Rachel.

"I see why Donna and Victoria both left this place, frankly I don't blame either of them. Donna was a hero and so are you, Victoria, in your own right and wielding that lasso, you could be out helping people and instead, you came to grieve for your mentor instead, as she would have done for you. Donna was a hero. And you all are just cowards." Rachel finished and Victoria knew that Rachel had just made a big mistake, but she had also just made Victoria hugely proud of her and her words.

"May I request that the Council allow me to speak privately with Rachel and Victoria?" Myrrah asked and Victoria looked at Lydia to hear a verdict, and her hand was tapping the side of her leg, where her lasso rested as a fidget of sorts.

"This Endeavor has concluded. I will administer the Result myself for this." Lydia declared and Victoria looked at Rachel after all this was said and done, as Lydia swept away.

"Good luck." Victoria murmured softly.