|Chapter XXII: Rachel Roth|

"Why do we care about this kid, again?" Liliana asked as Dick was driving quickly, so fast that the tires were squealing on the rain-soaked streets, as Liliana was back on her laptop and she was on her fastest hacking spree yet, as she had her headphones around her neck and she had an earpiece in.

"You don't have to, but I care. She knew who I was. She called me "the boy from the circus" and said that she had seen it happen. She said that she felt the weight that I did, when I held you for the first time. I can't just let her be grabbed." Dick stated and Liliana looked at him, as that was more details than he had ever given her before about the night of her birth and Liliana went back to typing.

"Next right." She stated and was completely unprepared for Dick literally yanking hard on the steering wheel and Liliana was thrown hard into the passenger side door. "Ow! Ass." She said and she was shaking her head, as she rubbed her right temple. "Go left... slower!" She said and was thrown into the window again. "Fuck you." She snapped.

"I miss Jason's driving."

She thought to herself as they pulled up next to the stolen cop car and she shut her laptop and she flipped her hood up over her head, as Dick had his gun out and she had no visible weapons, but Dick knew better by now then to think that his little sister was completely defenseless, as she walked ahead of Dick.

Liliana heard at least three sets of footsteps other than hers and Dick's, as she was quietly walking through the abandoned building and the first so-called "cop" that she came up to, he looked right over her head and within seconds, her arc-hand strike got him in the throat and he collapsed, as she kicked him in the liver for good measure and he was unconscious. She looked down the hallway and she used the flashlight, turning it on and off three times each and Dick's footsteps were heard once again, as she left the flashlight next to him after scrubbing the prints and she crept along once again.

Liliana incapacitated another one and Dick took out a third by getting him in a chokehold and dragging him into the shadows. "Rachel!" Dick called out and Liliana's head whipped around to the side, at the sudden screams for help that were coming from the top level.

"Dick." She warned and they both carefully walked up the stairs to reach the top floor and Liliana stood at the entrance to the top of the stairs, as Rachel's muffled cries were heard and she pulled out her escrima and snapped them out to their full length, as she prepared herself for any possible reinforcements of the girl's kidnappers to come and her eyes were dark and they were a dark brown, nearly black in the terrible lighting.

"Liliana! Get in here!" Dick called out and Liliana raced over to the open doorway, as she put her weapons away and she used the knife presumably that the attacker had intended to use on the kid, who wasn't much older then Liliana herself and when she cut off the zip-ties, the girl hugged Dick immediately, as Liliana watched silently from the corner until she couldn't watch anymore.

"I will be in the car. I'm not driving." Liliana murmured softly under her breath and she walked over to the window and she hopped out of it, lightly dropping down and swinging to the ground onto the ground. Liliana slipped her headphones on over her head and she plugged it into her phone. She looked at the phone and she pressed the call button on the familiar number.

"Hey." Jason's voice came from the phone and Liliana smiled a little. "How is being out in mo-town Detroit going?" He asked and she was shaking her head at his words with a grim smile.

"It's fucking cold." Liliana mumbled and Jason laughed from his end and Liliana leaned back against the seat, as she was shaking her head. "I hacked easily into Dick's precinct's so-called "encrypted and secure" files and I sent them all across the screens." She said and Jason was laughing.

"We really miss you out here. Hey Victoria, say hi!" Jason called out and there was a whoosh of air.

"Hey Lila." Victoria's voice cut into the conversation. "How's it going in Detroit?"

"Fucking cold, that is how it's going." Liliana stated bluntly and Victoria was laughing along with Jason on the other end, as Liliana was shaking her head. "Any good sorts of stories that I should hack into the news to read?" She asked.

"Not really. No riots at Arkham Asylum, we are kind of bored over here-" Jason's voice was cut off by his yelp of surprised pain. "Ow!" He complained and Liliana heard the sound of knocking on the table.

"If you just jinxed us Jason Todd, so help me god--" Victoria was serious about it.

"Fine! Fine!" Jason said and groaned under his breath, as he sighed.

"I miss you guys." Liliana said through her laughter at their constantly funny banter and she shook her head a little. "You think Bruce would let me come home early?" She asked and she had the sense that they were looking at each other.

"No. But I bet that Alfred would." Jason answered and Liliana smiled slightly, as she was nodding and she looked up, seeing that Dick and the kid that he had called "Rachel" coming out of the building.

"Sorry, I've got to run. Talk to you both later?" Liliana asked.

"The cellphone lines are always open." Victoria answered and after they had said their goodbyes, Liliana hung up and was firmly planted in the passenger seat and Dick sighed at the sight of her stubbornness.

"Who are you then?" Rachel asked and Liliana looked at Dick, who opened the back door on the passenger and Rachel got into the car quickly, as Liliana went back to listening to her music in silence as she watched the scenery go by.

They pulled into the underground parking lot of Dick's apartment and Liliana chuckled at the sight of the Porsche. "I'm calling shotgun." Liliana said immediately, and Rachel was glaring a couple of fierce daggers into her back, but Liliana didn't really care, as she hopped into the front and made Rachel awkwardly clamber into the backseat, as Liliana had her suitcase in the trunk and her laptop bag was on her lap.

Dick drove off and Liliana allowed the surrounding scenery to blur her vision, until eventually with music blaring in her ears, she fell asleep on their drive to god knows where.