xxiv. mood

MOOD

it's been a week since jake and sunghoon's last kiss

it's been a week since jake and sunghoon's last kiss. sunghoon doesn't push jake's feelings. he doesn't force jake to kiss him or anything else. sunghoon is keeping a little of his distance, hoping jake'll feel comfortable. 

sunghoon walks next to haru, finally able to explain the whole situation. haru is happy for sunghoon. they're friends, nothing more. 

"so, should we join a club or something?" sunghoon asks haru while they're walking to class. 

"you don't think it might be a little too late for that?" haru implies, chuckling at the end. 

sunghoon shrugs, "i'm sure it's not too late. we're only 5 months into the school year, haru." sunghoon explains. 

"i don't think i'm capable of doing that." 

"what? why not?" sunghoon shrieked. 

"i have a job." haru admits, "anyway, this is my stop. you should probably get going to your class." haru says. 

"oh! right. okay, i'll see you later, then." sunghoon waves as he's walking away. haru watches the younger leave, back facing him. he frowns but goes back to his normal self. 

sunghoon walks to his class, thinking about the topic he just had with haru. a job? is it a thing for him? is that something he's able to do? sunghoon gets lost in thought when he bumps into someone. 

"ow, sorry," sunghoon mumbles, rubbing his forehead. 

"sunghoon?" heeseung says. 

sunghoon opens his eyes, surprised. "oh! heeseung hyung." sunghoon says with a surprised tone. "how's everything? i don't think we've ever had a conversation just by ourselves." sunghoon adds, not knowing what to say next. 

"um, yeah, i guess so. um...can i ask you something?" heeseung mumbles, awkwardly. 

"mmhp, yeah?" 

heeseung takes a breath in, not knowing how to ask him. heeseung straighten his pose. "you and jake. you guys are dating, right?" 

sunghoon's cheeks flush pink. "er...yes. we are."

"oh, so i was right. i knew it!" heeseung mutters under his breath, excited. sunghoon is fond of this new encounter with heeseung. 

"um, i don't know what to say?" sunghoon chokes out, confused. 

"oh, right! you don't have to say anything. it was just something of mine. don't worry about it, sunghoon." heeseung pats his shoulder before leaving. "see you around!" heeseung waves despite not looking back at sunghoon. 

a smile forms on sunghoon's lips. it feels great to just say he's with jake. well, not literally, but at least they're trying to make it possible. sunghoon is off to his find his classroom.