xiii. always

ALWAYS

jake and sunghoon stand in the cold weather, waiting for their bus to arrive

jake and sunghoon stand in the cold weather, waiting for their bus to arrive. sunghoon glances over at jake. jake is shivering from the coldness, he's particularly shaking. sunghoon takes notice and takes a few steps closer to him. sunghoon stands in front of him, blocking jake from seeing the street across from them. 

jake's cursing under his breath as he mumbled things like, "damn, i should've worn gloves today," and,  "why is it so fricking cold!?" but he keeps it all in a whisper where is sunghoon can't hear them. 

"hey, what's up?" jake asks, trying his best to hide his shakiness and gritting his teeth. 

"you're cold." sunghoon states the obvious. 

jake flinches, "n-no! i-i'm okay," jake lies, avoiding eye contact with sunghoon. the younger notices how jake's cheeks have colored a tint of pink, but it's not from the blushing, he's truly freezing. 

sunghoon grabs jake's bare hands, holding them inside his jacket pockets. jake jumps from the sudden touch. sunghoon keeps jake's hands inside his pockets as he walks to stand beside jake now. "it's not much but are you warm enough?" sunghoon asks, cheeks flushed pink. sunghoon tries to hide his blush under his scarf. 

jake's mouth curves into a smile. "thank you, sunghoon." jake says. jake is filled with a sense of comfort and jitteriness inside him. his heart is thumping so fast he's afraid someday it'll just stop. though, he knows that can't happen if sunghoon is the one causing it. as long as sunghoon stays close to him, nothing could ever break him apart. 

a raindrop makes its way down on jake's nose. jake is taken by surprise. not seconds later rain starts to pour down. "it's raining!" jake gasps, not bothered by the way the rain is wetting his clothes. 

"we better get under something." sunghoon says, worried lingering in his voice. worried jake could get some type of cold and he'll get sick. then, it'll be like sunghoon doesn't take care of him well. sunghoon doesn't want that. 

without warning jake, sunghoon guides him under a tree. somehow the tree's leaves might be enough to protect them. jake's back met the tree. "i like the rain." jake states, eyes begin to sparkle. sunghoon dives into them. 

"your eyes are very pretty." sunghoon blurts out without thinking. 

jake averts his gaze from the rain towards sunghoon who is inching away from him. jake's cheeks are colored red at the sudden comment. not from the coldness, he's blushing. sunghoon inches closer as his eyes flicker down at jake's lips. but sunghoon quickly forces himself to not give in. he can't kiss him, he doesn't have any permission and they're not even together-together. 

"it's okay." jake whispered, breath fanning over sunghoon's face. "it's okay. i want to kiss you too, sunghoon."

sunghoon's finger comes up on jake's lips, tracing over them. before sunghoon presses his lips on jake's. jake kisses back, passionately. his hands grab both of sunghoon's elbows while sunghoon's hands are holding onto jake's cheeks. sunghoon's eyebrows are furrowed as he kisses jake devotedly. jake's lips taste like the rain, sunghoon notices. a musky fresh flavor — it's generally pleasant. 

sunghoon deciding to tease jake bites down on his lip. jake is caught by surprise and pulls away. both gasping for air. "i love kissing you." sunghoon admits, breathing heavily. jake hides his flushed cheeks under his scarf. 

sunghoon's hand goes down to flick his chin, smiling softly at him. "you're everything to me. no matter what we are, i will always be there for you. i don't care if you don't love me. i don't care if you love someone else, jake. you are my always." sunghoon says.

jake is trying not to fall apart. because after all sunghoon is with him. and sunghoon will be his. and they will be together. and who knows what comes next, as long as they're both together. jake turns his head to the side, not knowing what to say. "what brought you to say this out of nowhere?" jake decided to tease him even though his whole soul is filled with what feels like nothing more than love. 

sunghoon's smile doesn't fade away after jake's remark. his love for sunghoon just keeps growing. sunghoon is jake's cupid. a cupid who fell in love with a human. a human who he was ordered to make fall in love. but instead, they fell in love with each other. they just don't know it. well, at least not one of them. not yet, anyway. 

✧. ┊

the bus arrives and they both climb inside, ready to go back home. 

short chapter sorry!! but i hope it was worth it ♥

but i hope it was worth it ♥