x. mine

MINE

jake turned on the lights to let the penthouse fill with light

jake turned on the lights to let the penthouse fill with light. sunghoon walked slowly to who knows where. he didn't know what he should. right now, he just wanted to take a shower and let this feeling wash away from him. yeah, that sounds like a good idea. 

"hey,um...can i take a quick shower?" sunghoon finally asked, looking back at jake who was busy taking off his shoes. 

"oh,  yeah. no need to ask, you live here now." jake said with a shrug. sunghoon hummed, a soft smile placed on his lips. at least, he's able to keep jake company. there was only one bathroom so sunghoon quickly grabbed his new pajamas that he brought at the store and jake gave him a new towel he had just in case someone needed to shower at his penthouse. 

sunghoon mumbled a small thanks before opening the door to enter. he took a quick shower not wanting to take long if jake had to use the bathroom. once finished he walked to his room and changed. his clothes was comfortable. since its his first time in the human world he felt a rush of strangeness. something new to him. 

sunghoon not knowing what to do next walked out his bedroom to see jake sitting on a stool. he was looking at something in his phone with papers on the counter. he had glasses on which he hasn't seen in last hours he's been with him."hey...do you have anything to eat?" sunghoon asked, awkwardly. it was only around 9, surely, its not too late to eat. 

"yeah, i'm kinda getting hungry too." jake said, "there's some ramyun in the pantry, can you make some?" 

sunghoon felt shy saying the next thing, "i..i don't know how to make it..." 

"right." jake said with a sigh before getting off his seat and walking towards the pantry. "here." he said, giving sunghoon a bag of ramyun. "you open the bag. you grab a pot and pour some water, heating the water in the stove. then you add the ramyun inside the pot and stir it. got it?" jake explained, irritated. 

sunghoon gulped, feeling like he just upset jake again. sunghoon nodded. "good." jake said with a hump at the end. they waited, patiently standing there, sunghoon stirring the noodles. jake shaked his head, "that's not how you do it." he said before walking behind sunghoon. his chest touching sunghoon's back, breath ghosting on sunghoon's neck, his hands went over sunghoon's shoulders and to his hands that were stirring the noodles. 

"you'll ruin them if you keep stirring so hard." jake said, calmly. his hands touching sunghoon's. sunghoon's breathing hitch. no one has ever done this to him. never has he felt another human's  hands on him. a human so close. 

they stayed like that for another minutes in silence. the water hissing in the background. jake removed himself from sunghoon and walked back to where he was sitting. "serve me when ready." he simply said, as if what had just happened didn't happen. sunghoon only nodded with a 'mhm-hmm' sound. he felt his cheekbones warmer than usual, he kept telling himself it was because of the hotness coming from the boiling water and not because of jake.

✧. ┊

they ate silently in the counter. there was a table on the other side but sunghoon didn't really want to eat alone. "what are you doing?" sunghoon asked, breaking the silence. jake glanced over at him. "homework." 

"homework? you have homework?" sunghoon's eyebrows furrowed. 

"yeah, didn't you get some?"

"yeah, but i already did it."

jake's eyebrows raised, "already? when?"

"when we were in class. i kinda already did that in my world. you guys are a bit late." sunghoon said, disappointed.

"wow, i didn't know you did homework at your school." jake said in an amusing tone. "and i thought they only thing you learned there was about love." jake mocked, going back to his work. 

"we did. when we were younger. when i started to get to the uppercases that's when we started "human" work." sunghoon explained. 

"oh yeah? when did you finish?" jake asked, setting his pen down and now fully turned to sunghoon. "two years. i finished school when i was 18." sunghoon responded, not realizing that jake's knees were touching his. he was still wearing his outfit from before. 

"how old are you now?" jake asked, curiously now. his eyes standing out from his glasses. 

"i'm 20. i turn 21 in december 8, excited? are you gonna throw me a party?" sunghoon teased, leaning closely to jake. 

"its september, will you even be here?" jake mentioned. sunghoon's smile faded. jake seemed to have notice. "oh, i didn't mean it like that. i only said it because when you're gone, i'm gonna be lonely then." 

"no. you'll have your lover with you. you won't even remember me. it's fine. that's a cupid's job." sunghoon shrugged it off, leaning back. "but what if i want my handsome cupid to stay with me?" jake whined, leaning closer to sunghoon. sunghoon was surprised. 

his expression was filled with panic while jake's expression was filled with tease, grinning ear to ear. "i think you're taking this whole "cupid thing" seriously. i'm only hear to help. i won't belong to you later on and you won't miss me." sunghoon choked out, wondering how he didn't stutter under jake's gaze. 

"can you be mine, sunghoon?"

can we just pretend jake is the same height as sunghoon here??😭