viii. first

FIRST

once sunghoon was done changing into jake's clothes he walked out his new room

once sunghoon was done changing into jake's clothes he walked out his new room. it's weird to think he's staying at a friend's house, he never had any friends. since he didn't have anything besides his backpack and school work he didn't do much to change the room. 

jake was already waiting for him. when he heard the door shut he looked up his phone. his face warmer than before he looked more closely at sunghoon. "what?" sunghoon spoke first, walking closer to jake. jake got off the couch and stood up, now leveling up with sunghoon. 

"you... look good in my clothes...actually, your the first to wear my clothes." jake admitted, shyly. he awkwardly rubbed the back of his neck, he shouldn't have said that. "oh...thank you." sunghoon said with a thoughtful smile in the end. jake couldn't bring himself to look at his face again. but his gut was aching for sunghoon's eyes. his warm eyes that seem to melt him more than the sun. 

"i...—never mind." jake waved it off, walking away from sunghoon's stare. "we should go, they'll be waiting." jake finally said, opening the door. sunghoon snapped out his thoughts, "oh, yes." he walked to the entrance door. 

"do you know how to drive?" jake asked. sunghoon shook his head, "i'm not part of the human life. this is my first too." sunghoon replied. 

"no wonder you're so bad at helping me." jake teased, looking at sunghoon's side view. sunghoon chuckled, "am i? i thought i was doing a pretty good job."

"no. no you weren't," jake said through a smile. they smiled together, loving the company of one another. 

✧. ┊

when they got to the sushi place jungwon had asked to meet everyone, they all gasped when they saw them together. 

"what?" jake asked, anger sightly lingering in his voice. "sunghoon hyung... is wearing your...clothes." sunwoo said, slowly and surprised. 

"yeah, he is. what's wrong with that?" jake sat in sunwoo's empty spot beside him. sunghoon made his way to the other booth where jay was sitting. now sunghoon was facing jake, and jay was facing sunwoo, and jungwon and riki were facing each other, and heeseung was squished in the back next to jungwon. 

"you never let anyone borrow your clothes." sunwoo said, in allusion. "he's not using it. he's keeping it. it doesn't fit me, yet. i'll let him keep them in the mean time." jake explained, not sure why everyone was shocked, well not everyone seeing jungwon's face was a little ashamed. "what, now?" jake groaned out in frustration, hating the attention he was receiving. 

"you don't even let jungwon use your clothes." sunwoo said, again in shock. jake was having enough of this, "jungwon has his own clothes here! sunghoon only has the school's uniform, what am i suppose to do? stop making it a bid deal, alright?" jake snapped. 

everyone averted their eyes from jake, knowing they shouldn't mess with him anymore. heeseung cleared his thoart, "we ordered your sushi already. we know jake's order, maybe sunghoon could try some out of your plate and we'll grab him a roll if he likes it." heeseung said, changing the subject. jake looked at sunghoon right after, a scoff in his face. "fine." jake finally said after some seconds. 

everyone smiled at that, looking away from the two and talking in groups. but jake hasn't left sunghoon's eyes, yet. sunghoon didn't know whether he was mad at him because of the situation he put him in or if he wanted to punch his face. either one, jake was mad at him. 

jake made a noise with his mouth before he looked away from sunghoon. sunghoon sighed in relief. "sunghoon! is this your first time being a cupid?" sunwoo asked, excitedly. sunghoon flinched and averted his eyes from jake and towards sunwoo.  "oh, yeah." 

"cool! that means we could show you around here, it'll be super fun." sunwoo said, enthusiastic. "sunwoo, you do remember this is still a school night, right?" jay joined in. 

"yeah, duh? i'm not that stupid, you know." sunwoo said with a shrug. jay's eyes seemed to have gotten in the sense and he quickly pulled his hand out to sunwoo. "no, no, no, thats not why i was saying it! i didn't mean—"

"i'm playing, jay." sunwoo interrupted, placing his hand on top of jay's for a brief second. "don't worry, i'm fine." sunwoo reassured, smiling at jay. there wasn't any more time to talk as the food came. everyone was excited to eat. 

"thank you for the food!" everyone said, some happy and excited while others calm and quiet. 

"we should all help, sunghoon with choosing clothes!" sunwoo said with a squeal in the end. he was very energetic and excited for this night. "yes, i was thinking the same." jungwon commented. everyone was still eating and jake was being selfish and not letting sunghoon eat. 

"hey! jake, share some with your friend there." jay shouted, but not too loud but not too quiet. jake, full with food that made his cheeks puffy groaned, rolling his eyes. "here." jake finally said, shoving a sushi in sunghoon's face. sunghoon stayed still not knowing what to do. he doesn't know if jake knows he's letting him feed him. 

sunghoon looked over at jake's friends. everyone made a face that said go-on-hurry-before-he-looks! expression, jake couldn't see as he avoided looking at anyone. sunghoon hesitatingly got closer to the sushi in the hold of jake's used chopsticks. sunghoon took a bite of the sushi and jake looked back at him. 

it took sunghoon a few minutes to comprehend the taste of the food. "good?" riki asked, asking the question everyone's waiting for. "not good. amazing!" sunghoon exclaimed, falling into the taste. everyone let out a breath of relief. "thank goodness!" heeseung expressed, clapping his hands before going back to eating his food. 

while everyone went back to enjoying their food sunghoon and jake stayed looking at one another, once again. sunghoon felt like jake was staring deeply into his soul. jake wasn't smiling, but he wasn't scolding, somewhere in between. 

vote (:

vote (: