xv. sleep

SLEEP

their hands stayed interlocked for a moment

their hands stayed interlocked for a moment. jake felt a weird tingling feeling when sunghoon gean to stroked his knuckles. chills ran down his spine and he quickly pulled away. it caught sunghoon by surprise. 

"s-sorry," jake mumbled out, embarrassed and flustered. usually, he never gets flustered by someone else. sunghoon's lips parted a little bit as he stared at jake. "it's okay..."

silence drifted in the air and sunghoon stared confusedly at jake, while jake stared at the wooden table. 

get it together jake! he kept reminding himself until finally, he looked to meet sunghoon's eyes. it took his breath away, on second thought he wanted to look away but he had to muster to say it out. 

"so...who did you go with?" jake asked, careful not to sound as investigated as he was. sunghoon eyebrows furrowed before gathering himself to speak, "i bumped into haru-hyung. he took me, you know because i didn't know where it was." sunghoon admitted, shrugging his shoulders. 

"after that?" jake continued, his eyes turned worrisome. 

"after that, we went to eat something and he took me home." sunghoon finished off. jake hummed and looked at the ground. "why do you...ask?" sunghoon spoke, grabbing jake's attention. 

well, this wasn't how it was supposed to go.

"um...just wondering." jake waved it off, "anyway, wanna watch a movie with me?" jake asked as he got off the seat, grabbing his laptop in the process. 

"uh, yeah, sure." sunghoon followed him. it took him by surprise but he wasn't gonna argue about it. in fact, i guess it'd be good to take some time with jake. maybe he could ask about heeseung-hyung.

jake walked to his own room, sunghoon following from behind. "why don't we just watch it in the living room?" sunghoon asked, confused yet walking into his room. 

jake frowned, "well, isn't much comfty to be lying down? or something?" jake exhaled, trying not to make it obvious. "i guess..." sunghoon mumbled. jake didn't seem to have heard him because he seemed too busy plugging in his laptop into a charger. 

"wait! let me just change into some more comfortable clothes." sunghoon quickly said before running out of the room and to his bedroom. he didn't wait for a reply. sunghoon opened his drawers and took out a pair of pajamas. he quickly put them on and went back to jake's room. 

when he walked inside jake was already laying down, his stomach flat on the bed, the laptop not too far away from them. sunghoon nervously laid next to him. 

sunghoon didn't question which movie they were gonna watch. he tried hard to focus on the screen and not towards jake, lying down next to him. 

"so...how'd it go with heeseung-hyung?" sunghoon decided to ask, eyes still glued on the screen as the movie begin to start. 

"it went well, i guess." jake responded, boredom in his tone. 

"what did he say?" sunghoon asked, finally ripping his eyes off the screen and looking back at jake. 

"shhh, let's just watch the movie," jake pressed a finger into sunghoon's lips, his eyes not leaving the screen. sunghoon flinched before quickly taking jake's hands off him. he turned his head to look back at the screen. he felt his face starting to boil, not a good sign as he knew he must be blushing. not a good sign, knowing jake was near him and he caused it. 

sunghoon shaked his head as thoughts crept over him. he stared deeply into the movie, hoping he could focus on it. somewhere along the movie sunghoon got his focus back but jake seemed to have said otherwise because he soon felt a weightful of him on his shoulder. 

sunghoon slowly turned his head to see jake sleeping on his shoulder. well not fully on top of his shoulder but his head was simply resting close to it. sunghoon's cheeks heated up again.

stop this madness, sunghoon! he's just tired. 

sunghoon repeated in his head. he stared at jake's visuals, while his mind and heart were racing to stop. he knew it wasn't much to freak out about, but what was it with humans being so adorable when they're sleeping? 

sunghoon seemed to have calmed himself down because he slowly pulled his free hand out, it made its way to jake's hair. sunghoon pushed his hair out of the way and admire his beauty. he stopped his breathing for a moment when he felt jake shuffled more closely on him. 

sunghoon took a careful breath out and got himself to breathe again. he figured he should at least wake jake from his sleep. so he moved his hand away from his face. the next thing he heard took him by surprise and awed. 

"don't." was what he hard jake mumbled as he was about to shake him awake. "i'm sleeping, and i don't want to wake up."

sunghoon opened his mouth to speak but jake cut him off, "shhh, just...go...to sleep...too..." jake sleepily said. 

"jake?" sunghoon spoke, breaking the silence. "jake?" he whispered again, but he didn't respond. he's asleep now. 

sunghoon sighed before removing himself from the bed, slowly trying not to hurt jake as he slept. he closed the laptop before looking back at jake. sunghoon picked jake up from the position he was and laid him down, correctly on his bed. his head now resting on his pillows. sunghoon slowly leaned close to jake's face. 

gosh, what am i doing?

sunghoon can't help himself but admire jake's visuals. his own face heating up as he noticed what he was doing. his hand moved to trap jake, sunghoon leaned close to jake's ear. 

"good night...sleepy pup," sunghoon whispered in his ear. he removed his hand from the bed and got himself up. he made his way out the door when cheeks flushed red and heart hammering inside him. 

i guess in the end, i managed to end my day with jake. 

why are my chapters so short!?? and how many chapters have i written in this story??? more than i planned, that's for sure