xiv. hands

HANDS

sunghoon was walking out the school grounds when he spotted haru from afar

"haru?" he called out, walking closer to the figure. the person reacted and walked to sunghoon. 

"hey, sunghoon." it was haru. 

"what are you doing here?" sunghoon asked, confused and amused. he must be waiting for someone...someone. haru didn't have any friends in this school, he told him himself. so...was he waiting for him? "were you waiting for me?" sunghoon decided to just ask. haru stumbled over his words. did cat get his tongue?

"i-i...i was...waiting for you. that's okay, yeah? nothing weird, or anything, right?" haru said, flustered and nervous. sunghoon chuckled, i guess he kinda expected that. "no. of course, not, haru. we're friends now." sunghoon told him, flashing him a smile. haru wanted to smile, but how could he? he was just exposed. it's embarrassing. 

"so, you going somewhere?" haru finally asked, getting his words in the right place. sunghoon almost forgot that was the whole reason why he couldn't walk with jake after school. he shouldn't be upset. maybe it is better this way. jake could get closer to his crush.

"yeah! wanna come along? i'm just gonna go and buy a phone for myself...i don't have one..." sunghoon admitted, shyly and quietly. haru was caught by surprise. most teenagers have cell phones by now, it's nice to know not everyone has one. 

"yeah, sure, as long as its alright for you?" 

"of course, it is! how could you say that?" sunghoon exclaimed, playfully slapping haru's shoulder in the process. haru chuckled, nodding his head fondly. "alright. come on let's go! you know where?" haru asked, glancing over at sunghoon as they walked out the gates. 

"um...no. and i don't have anything to search where. it's good you came along. i'd be lost by now." sunghoon said, wincing at the thought. how was he planning on going there without knowing where? the thought came to his mind right now. 

haru let out a laugh, which caught sunghoon by surprise. it was a loud laugh, the kind of laugh where you laugh at your friends. "what? what's so funny?" sunghoon asked between smiles, liking the way he was able to make haru laugh. haru somewhat got a hold of himself, "i-i can't! your face when you just thought of your own mistake! what could've happened to you when you don't know where the store is! dummy! thank goodness, i waited for you." haru choked out, finally getting a hold of himself throughout his saying. 

sunghoon's smile widen, "well, how was i supposed to know?! i just wanted to be a cool kid and get myself a cell phone!" sunghoon yelled out in frustration. 

and like that, they both got the store with a few laughs here and there. sunghoon grabbed a simple cell phone, it was an iphone, the one most kids are using these days. 

"wanna eat something as well? it's 6 already." haru forewarned, his eyebrows rose as he looked at sunghoon. waiting for an answer. "might as well, yeah? i am kinda hungry." sunghoon declared. 

"wanna grab some ramyeon? i know a place." haru shrugged, his hands in his pockets. sunghoon only hummed a response with a nod. "great. let's go." haru said before beginning to walk. sunghoon caught up from behind. he was too focused on admiring his new phone. 

they ate together and seemed to enjoy themselves. haru playfully picked out of sunghoon's plate with his chopsticks and sunghoon doing the same afterward. haru walked sunghoon home right after. 

"thank you, for the company. it was fun? and i had a good time with you." sunghoon confessed when they were at the door. it wasn't really his thing to do this kind of talking but he supposes he'll have to since he asked him to come. 

"yeah, no problem. i had a very much fun time with you too." haru admitted, slowly and shyly. but not too shy that he showed it. just enough to sound like it. "why not we do this again?" haru asked, nervously. 

sunghoon smiled at that, "why not? i'm fine with that. not that ever it was a bad thing in the beginning." sunghoon replied, grabbing the doorknob. "great. i'll see you tomorrow at school." haru finished off, his jitters leaving. 

"yeah! bye. goodnight!" sunghoon waved off as he got inside. 

"bye, see ya." haru said before walking off. sunghoon shut the door right after. letting out a sigh. "gosh, that was nerve-wracking!" sunghoon mumbled to himself. he didn't realize jake was on the other side of the room eating his own food and watching something on his laptop. 

"hello to you too." jake called out with boredom and sarcasm in his voice. sunghoon flinched, he thought he was alone?? "how was your date today?" jake continued. 

"date? what date?" sunghoon finally turned himself around to face jake. "that wasn't a date." sunghoon added, walking closer to jake. 

"sure, it wasn't. you expecting dates ending with a goodbye kiss?" jake asked, well not really asking since he was just pretty much-teasing sunghoon. "stop, that. it wasn't a date, alright?" sunghoon said in frustration, sitting down in front of jake and jake's laptop. last time they were at the stool talking. now they're at the dining table. it was pretty small, but enough to take four people to sit. 

"sooo, what took you five hours to get here that wasn't a date?" jake asked, making sure his voice didn't sound as investigated as he was. sunghoon rolled his eyes, "i went to buy a phone." at that jake's eyebrows raised. 

"a phone? how?? i thought you didn't have any money??" jake asked, his eyes filled with confusion and horrified. his phone must've cost a hell load of money compared to his clothes, now who brought it??

"well, i kinda went back to my world and asked the instructor for some human money so i can buy my own things, that'll be useful for my human life," sunghoon explained, he watched as jake closed his laptop to listen to him. jake stayed silent for a moment, recollecting his thoughts. 

"so, you had money this whole time?! why didn't you say anything?! how much do you have??" jake grumbled. "i'm sorry! i forgot the instructors have savings for your human life! i could pay you back, i swear!" sunghoon said, trying to grab jake's hands that were on top of his laptop. but jake kept refusing, shaking his head in disappointment. 

"no! don't pay me back! i don't need your money. it's fine." jake finally gave in and let sunghoon grab his hands. sunghoon's hands were cold, maybe because he was just outside. it really set him off edge that sunghoon was hanging out with someone else that wasn't him. i mean, sunghoon is jake's cupid. he should be with him, not with someone else, right? cupid's don't fall in love, right?

 he should be with him, not with someone else, right? cupid's don't fall in love, right?

(: