xxi. confession

CONFESSION

jake gets to his penthouse after seeing heeseung

jake gets to his penthouse after seeing heeseung. he really just went to buy some errands for the rest of the weekend. all afternoon he hasn't been able to calm down his nerves. though, he forgets sunghoon and also feels the same way. he was actually the one who confessed first. this shouldn't be as complicated as jake is making it. 

he sits on the edge of his bed, waiting. he pretends to what a youtube video on his phone. the front door is opening and jake feezes. he's here. seconds later he hears a knock on his door. 

"heyo~ anyone in here?" sunghoon's voice echos behind the door. 

"uh, yeah! come in," jake calls out, nervous. he hopes his voice doesn't give it away. sunghoon appears, a soft smile on his lips. jake's heart flutters. he averts his look from sunghoon. 

"is something wrong?" sunghoon asks, walking over to him. 

"no!" jake blurts out. sunghoon sits beside him, which makes jake anxious. "actually, yes. i want to tell you something." jake continues, gaining confidence to look at sunghoon's face. his breath hitched. oh, gosh, why is he so beautiful?

sunghoon keeps himself from wanting to smile, noticing jake's reaction. instead, he decided to speak, "what's bothering you, jake?"

jake almost forgets what he practiced to say. he quickly recomposed himself, he takes a deep breath. "thank you, sunghoon. thank you for helping me—well, at least trying to help me fall in love. but...in all honesty, i lied. i don't have a crush on heeseung hyung, i tried to make it sound real, but i don't like him. i met up with him to ask him for advice on my "love life." i was confused about my feelings for jungwon. i knew he and i couldn't be more than friends. and sure it broke me, but not as much as i saw you with haru."

"haru?" sunghoon interrupts, wondering why haru is brought to this conversation. 

"yes. i...i was jealous. when i'd see you close to him...it just made me feel like you were going to forget about me...childish, i know, but, i don't what i was thinking." jake pauses, ready to tell him, "i like you too, sunghoon. but, i don't know if these feelings are true or not...i don't want to mistake any of my feelings and regret them later. i want to be your boyfriend when i am sure i love you more than a friend. i want to know you and you know me." jake explains. jake looks at a confused sunghoon. realizing now, what he just said might have sounded stupid. 

jake lets out a stiff chuckle, "sorry, that probably didn't make sense. nevermind—"

"no." sunghoon grabs jake's wrist as he was about to leave. "no more lying. i understand what you're saying. it's true, we hardly know each other, i think it's a good thing you said that." sunghoon says, pulling jake to sit back down. 

there are a couple of seconds that pass with silence. both not knowing what to say. "sunghoon..." jake begins, "what happens to you if a human falls in love with a cupid?"

sunghoon thinks for a moment, "i suppose i stay with you. and then if you fall in love with someone else, i'm no use anymore."

"why do you say 'me'?" jake takes notice of it. 

sunghoon doesn't hesitate to answer him. "because i wouldn't want to be with someone who isn't you."

jake looks away from their eye contact. his cheeks grow warm, he doesn't want sunghoon to see him like that. without thinking sunghoon places a quick kiss on jake's cheekbone. "sorry, i just really wanted to do that." sunghoon apologizes, quietly. 

"why? why do you say sorry when i haven't said anything bad about it? why do you get to decide if i hate it? you make it sound like you are sorry about kissing me...when i...want to kiss you too! don't say sorry, if i want to kiss you too! it only makes me feel guilty about wanting to kiss you." jake blurts out. he really didn't mean to come off like that, it just made him worse if sunghoon kept saying sorry if he truly wants to kiss him. he feels guilty for wanting to kiss him. 

sunghoon's expression changes from stunned to joy. he can't help but widely smile when he sees jake's flustered face. he laughs, a sweet innocent laugh. "has anyone ever told you how you could be so determined?" sunghoon says between laughter. 

jake's heart feels like it's about to burst. his blush only increased more. "s-so what!?" jake particularly yells out, embarrassed. 

sunghoon calms his laughter. "it's nothing to be ashamed of, you know? i just thought it was cute." sunghoon admits. sunghoon seems calmer than jake in this conversation. 

"alright, so now i'm your...?" sunghoon struggles to understand. 

"boyfriend in the process." jake finishes off. 

"'boyfriend in process'? i never heard that one before." sunghoon cracks a smile. gee, sunghoon seems to be smiling a lot more than he ever did in his life right now. not only that, i don't think anything could ever ruin this day. 

"well, then, i'm glad it's your first."

finished arc 1 (: time for arc 2 !fyi by "arc" i mean "season" or "part"

fyi by "arc" i mean "season" or "part"