xix. worrying

WORRYING

after lunch, jake decides to walk to his class alone

after lunch, jake decides to walk to his class alone. needing time to think about what sunghoon had said moments ago. does sunghoon know? know...about his true feelings? jake shakes his head, not wanting to imagine what that might lead to. i mean, it's a great thing! but...then sunghoon will know he was lying about his feelings. 

the only reason why jake ever lied was because he didn't know if it was possible he could have feelings for his cupid. what will happen to the cupid himself? will they hurt him? he has no idea what sunghoon's people are like. jake just doesn't want sunghoon to get hurt. 

jake notices he has a class with haru, sunghoon's new flattering friend. jake sits next to him, wanting to talk to him. 

"haru, right?" jake asks, taking a seat next to him. not knowing how to start a conversation with someone he doesn't seem to get along with he decided on saying that. 

haru hums, "yeah?" 

"i want to ask you questions. and i need truthful answers." jake's voice doesn't show much emotion, at least you could say that's how normal he is. but, this time, his eyes show no spark. 

"whatever, man. shoot." 

"alright, do you feel anything towards sunghoon?" jake blurts out, not thinking much about it. 

haru flinches, getting off guard by the simple question. "what a way to start." haru mumbles, flustered and annoyed. 

"i'm serious." jake states, already losing his temper. 

haru puts his hands up in defeat, "alright, alright, i'll tell you."

that seems to have make jake at ease. "so...?"

"no. he's like a brother to me." 

"really? because usually when they say that, they end up catching feelings." jake declares, annoyed. he's not being honest. 

"fine. okay, i do like him. but, it's only mutual feelings? i don't wanna kiss him, i just like how he looks. you know?" haru explains, not knowing how to put it into words.

"so he sends you comfort?" jake asks. 

"yeah...that's all." haru says. jake somehow believes him. maybe it is true. "and you? why are you asking me about this." haru says back. now it's jake's turn to get off guard. 

"hey, i'm asking the questions here, remember?" jake implied, finding a good excuse to not answer haru's question. 

haru chuckles before turning back to the teacher's listen. there's a silence that follows and haru finds it confusing. 

"well? is there anything else, mister?" haru snaps jake out his thoughts. jake averts his look from the floor to haru's face. 

"yes. are you taking sunghoon to a date later today?" jake remembers how sunghoon had said he'll be busy too but never told jake with who. jake supposes it's with haru, but seeing how calmly haru was, he doesn't even tell him he's taking sunghoon out? so who is?