xvi. unpleasant

UNPLEASANT

SUNGHOON'S POV

SUNGHOON'S POV

the next morning i woke to the sun lighting in my bedroom. i walked out of bed and looked around the room, today is friday, meaning tomorrow is a day off school and i'll have nothing to do. i suppose i could help jake. i grabbed my uniform and walked to the bathroom to clean my teeth and face. 

jake is already awake by the sound of someone cooking. i look up to see he's not alone. jungwon is here. a weird feeling sits in my stomach but i try to ignore it as i walked to the bathroom. they don't seem to hear me as they don't turn to talk to me. i close the door quietly and quickly do my routine. 

i'm all dressed and clean now but i'm staring at myself in the mirror in front of me. i can't help but run a finger down my face. i've heard enough compliments about my face, but nothing seems to change. i suppose having a good face is a good thing—a great thing people would say. but why do they always want me because of my beauty standards? does my personality even a choice? 

i shake my head and quickly try to distract myself with something else. i can't let this ruin me. i grab the doorknob and walk out of the bathroom. 

"sunghoon-hyung! you're awake, good morning." jungwon says as he bows. i try to smile. 

"yes, good morning, to you too jungwon. good morning, jake." i say the last sentence stiffer than i intended to. i cringe as i hear my voice. 

"wow didn't know i was a unpleasant view to look at," jake speaks. my eyes widen at what he meant by it and i quickly started to talk. 

"no! t-that's not what i-i meant! i just—i was just a bit sleepy?" the uncertainty behind my voice doesn't sound as honest as i wanted it to come out. before i panicked more they both burst out in laughter. i stare, confused and guilty. i wanted to ask why they were laughing but i stayed silent, waiting for them to get under control. 

"i'm so sorry! but it was just a joke, hoon! you didn't have to worry," jake says between laughs. jungwon hides on jake's shoulder as he laughs. i try to muster out a laugh but it just doesn't sound as convincing so i stop. 

"okay, okay, that's enough! let's just eat." jungwon says as he smacks jake's shoulder in a playful manner. "we made curry, want some?" 

i nod, "yeah, but how did you manage to do it before school?" 

"well, i came early and woke up jake." he replies as he serves me some. i grab it and set it on the table, jake doing the same next to me. "we talked and i figured something was up."

jake looks nervous besides me and i look at him in confusion. "yeah? what did you guys talk about?" i try to look elsewhere that wasn't them. 

"our feelings. i suppose you know too?" jungwon says. 

i look back at jake and kick him under the table, he grunts but looks at me anyway. "am i supposed to him i know?" i whisper to him. he rolls his eyes and looks at jungwon. i look at jungwon too. he has an irritated look that says, don't-mess-around-with-me.

"okay... i suppose i know," i say it cooly and take a bite of my food. 

"we only have thirty minutes to talk about this so i'll just get to the point." he takes a bite of his food before speaking, "i don't like jake. nor will we ever be more than best friends. he already knows this so i hope he's got the message." he pauses, "the kiss, was an accident. we were dozy off and boom, it happened. i knew what you were feeling...and i tried to ignore it, hoping it'll go away in a day but it didn't. now i'm getting tired of this bullshit and i want to be friends with him. i miss my best friend." he finishes off. 

i nod as he closes off his speech. still thinking i turn to look at jake. "so, do you still like him?"

jake hesitates, "i...don't want to like him. so, no."

"are you hurt?" i ask again. 

"i am, but i knew what was coming. i'll be better in a day or two." he shrugs. i turn back to jungwon.

"and you don't have any romantic feelings for him?"

he shakes his head. 

"are you sure?"

"i am sure." he smiles. 

i slowly look back at jake, "wow. that was quick. quicker than i expected..." i pause, thinking for a moment. so if jungwon is out of the picture, does that mean jake doesn't have feelings for anyone? is heeseung still an option? was i never gonna be an option? i shake my thoughts. "now what?" 

"now...he figure out jake's feelings. who does he truly like? and are the feelings real?"

✧. ┊

we're walking to school when i see a familiar face not far from us. haru is walking not far from us. i forget all about my conversation with jungwon and jake and run over to him. 

"hey!" i called out, excitedly. he stops and turns around and spots me. 

"hey, sunghoon," he gives me a small wave. i look at his eyes and smile. he's about to say something but jake and jungwon are here. 

"sunghoon, why did you leave our conversation?" jake hisses as he walks over at me. he unexpectedly grabs me by my sleeve and pulls me closer to home. i stumbled closer to him, surprised. i don't argue, though. 

"i was just going to greet haru." sunghoon calmly said, confused and struck. his heart was beating in his chest as jake hands secretly touched his.

"oh, next time don't run off like that. you probably got lost. what if it wasn't the haru you know? what will you have done?" jake's hands slowly intertwined with mine. i'm taken by surprise. but i still hold them anyway. his warmth making me blush. 

"yeah...okay." i manage to say. i look up at haru, trying my best not to show my blush. "do you wanna walk with us?" 

he looks at me for a moment before he looks at jake, who's standing beside me. "um...it's alright. i have something to do before getting to class, so you go on ahead." he flashes us a smile, which looks kinda forced? i nod and ignore the worry feeling in me. he walks the other way and walks away. 

haven't updated this fic, sorry about thatdon't forget to vote, it helps me update more!

don't forget to vote, it helps me update more!