iv. smoothly

SMOOTHLY

jake felt weird walking to school with a cupid

jake felt weird walking to school with a cupid. it felt different walking with someone who isn't your best friend. 

"what else do you know about me?" jake asked as they walked to school side by side. 

"well...i guess you could say i know you better than anyone else." sunghoon admitted. 

"but you're not like my best friend. you're like a total stranger who just searched up my entire life."

"but i'm helping you in return." 

"i didn't ask for your help." jake snapped back, not really caring what sunghoon said to him next. sunghoon searched jake up without any warning and that's final for him, sunghoon was stalking. 

"since nothing is going to work for you then i will stop arguing." sunghoon crossed his arms in front of his chest. "good." jake said plainly. they got to the school entrance 20 minutes later. and to say the walk was talkative is a lie. they walk was plain silent. 

"wasn't jungwon suppose to walk with you today?" sunghoon asked as they entered the school. "if you must know, jungwon texted me saying he'll be walking alone today." jake stated, in a rather of face tone. sunghoon winced, "that's not a good sign."

jake was trying to ignore sunghoon but after what he said he jolted his neck to look at him. "what do you mean 'that's not a good sign'?" jake looked beside him. sunghoon looked back at him, "you really have no clue do you?" sunghoon asked, well not really asking seeing how jake's face was full of confusion. 

"no, i don't." jake replied. "should i be concerned?" 

"yes, very." sunghoon took a deep breath in. "look! there's jungwon!" sunghoon pointed across the hallway. and true to be, jungwon stood standing by his locker alone. he was reading something. a small journal in his hands but locker open. 

"go! go talk to him!" sunghoon whispered-yelled, pushing jake's shoulder. "'go talk to him'?? how?? aren't you gonna tell me how to talk to him? you're supposed to help me!?" jake exclaimed, panicky.  

"just...tell him how you feel." sunghoon shrugged his shoulders. "tell him how i feel?? i can't do that! no. not now." jake shaked his head. "okay then...talk about the kiss! yes the kiss. you have to get that out the way and things will go back to normal. then you can become closer and no awkwardness!" sunghoon finished off. 

"i think...i can do that? i can do that." jake nodded his head, repeating the same thing again and again till sunghoon cut him off. "yes you can. now go." sunghoon pushed him away, frustratingly and jake went tripping towards jungwon. 

"jake, oh my gosh, are you okay?" jungwon caught jake's shoulder as he tripped over himself. "sorry—i'm doing just fine." jungwon didn't notice how jake was eyeing sunghoon who stayed standing in the same spot watching them. 

"anyway, i wanted to talk to you about—" jake didn't finish his sentence as the school's bell ringed, notifying the students they had to get to class. 

"oh um... why don't you tell me after class?" jungwon said as he closed his locker. "uh, yeah, for sure." jake hesitated, rubbing the back of his neck. jungwon flashed jake a smile before walking away. jake took a deep breath out and turned around to see sunghoon waiting. 

"well that went smoothly." sunghoon teased. jake rolled his eyes at him, "yeah, very." jake walked lazily back to sunghoon. "shall we head to class?" sunghoon spoke formerly, for joking around. "it's the only choice we have." jake shrugged his shoulders. they begin to walk up the stairs to head to their homeroom. 

short chap, sorry ♡

short chap, sorry ♡

i have a few jakehoon fics in mind but idk if they're even good to read?