xiii. stop

STOP

"you? you like heeseung?" sunghoon said in amusement

"you? you like heeseung?" sunghoon said in amusement. that wasn't part of the introduction when he got the assignment to help jake fall in love? "yeah? i think so...? i-i mean i have this weird feeling i have when i'm close to him. just like i do when i'm close to jungwon." jake explained, embarrassed. 

"oh...kay. definitely didn't see this coming but... umm...i'll try to figure things out to help you." sunghoon closed off, not knowing what to say. i guess everyone always has a second crush, no?

"now...you owe me something." jake said, a grin forming on his lips. sunghoon looked back at him, confused and flustered. "wh—what?" sunghoon gasped. jake stared deep into him, lips twitching to a smirk but not fully into a smirk. 

"the game. you lost. now...i need you to do something for me." jake said, confidently. leaning a bit closer to sunghoon but not wanting to make it noticeable. sunghoon smiled, "and what is it i ow you, now?" sunghoon asked, trying to keep his cool down. jake noticed how he restrained himself. 

"hmm...what was it about your new friend you made? what's his name?" jake asked, flicking sunghoon's neck. it took sunghoon by surprise, but he wasn't gonna act as it got to him. 

"haru. his name is haru. and he's from japan." sunghoon replied, his eyes lightening with a glint. 

"hmm...good for him...i guess." jake moved away from sunghoon, shrugging his shoulders in the process. sunghoon was left stunned, he didn't expect jake to do something so bold to him. the atmosphere around them went back to normal before everything got too serious. 

"hey! what about my turn?" sunghoon whispered-yelled at jake who was looking directly at the teacher's back as she kept on writing on the blackboard. jake is keeping his feet on the desk he leaned back arms crossed behind his head. did he look...attractive?

jake glanced over at sunghoon, "i dunno." he shrugged. sunghoon puffed out an air, his eyes rolling to look at the empty desk next to him. "you didn't actually want to play that game, did you? you only wanted to tell me your new secret, huh?" sunghoon exposed him, feeling somewhat betrayed. when he turned to look back at jake, jake was closer now. he moved closer to him. sunghoon yelped as he scooted away. 

"yeah? so what? kept you busy, no?" jake said, arching an eyebrow. sunghoon's stomach became warmer and his body too. "y-yeah it did," sunghoon admitted, shamefully looking away with rose cheekbones. jake smiled, "figured," he lastly said before going back to his position. sunghoon went back to sitting on his seat as he pushed himself a little off the seat because of the closeness with jake. 

why is he so confusing to understand? surprising i don't know what he'll do next. much worse, he seems more confident than before. it's not something that should surprise me but...is he like this with others? i shouldn't worry, but still...

sunghoon shook his head, trying to get rid of his thoughts. jake should like who he likes, it shouldn't bother him. sunghoon clicked his tongue, trying to distract himself, he looked at the other things around the room. 

✧. ┊

when class was over sunghoon tapped jake's shoulder. 

"yeah?" jake called out, turning himself around to look at sunghoon. sunghoon gulped, hoping not to sound too out of tone. 

"i won't be walking home with you after school so you can go on." sunghoon told him. jake furrowed his eyebrows. he wanted to know why he wasn't gonna be walking home with him but then again, he shouldn't care. 

"okay." was all jake said. sunghoon flinched, he wasn't really expecting that answer yet he shouldn't really need another. sunghoon looked down on the floor, a little disappointed. "in the meantime, i'll hang out with heeseung hyung and try to learn more about my feelings towards him." jake added, pushing his bad over his shoulder. 

sunghoon looked back at jake, a fake smile placed on his lips. "good idea!" sunghoon said, trying to sound as excited as a friend would. jake grinned at that, a proud grin. 

"well, see ya." jake said, walking away from sunghoon whilst waving bye at him. 

"'kay see ya later." sunghoon called out, voice a little hoarse. with that jake left the room and everyone was out except for sunghoon. 

his palms were placed on his chest, feeling his heartbeat. his heart was beating fast and loud. i bet you could hear it across the classroom. his head was fuzzy, his ears were dead silent, his eyes were blurring. why was everything so confusing right now? 

what is this feeling? why is my heart beating so loud for him? i'm not his lover. i'm just his helper. i shouldn't be feeling this for him. heart...will you stop beating so fast for him? anyone else but him? 

will you stop beating so fast for him? anyone else but him?