xvii. mad

MAD

when they get to the school grounds jake lets go of sunghoon's hand

when they get to the school grounds jake lets go of sunghoon's hand. "i have to go now. i'll see you later," jake tells sunghoon, taking jungwon with him. 

"bye, hoon!" jungwon shouts out as he walks behind jake. they leave elsewhere and sunghoon is left alone. he lets a sigh escape his lips before walking to the doors. he's looking down at his shoes when he hears a voice call him. 

"sunghoon-ah!" the voice doesn't sound familiar to him. he looks up to find a girl staring at him. 

"uh, hi?" sunghoon speaks first, noticing the girl is lost in her thoughts. he feels very awkward in this situation. 

"would you like to go on a date with me?" the girl blurts out, catching sunghoon off guard. he chokes on his tongue. "oh my gosh! are you okay??" 

sunghoon clears his throat. "yes, i'm alright."

"so? how about that offer?"

sunghoon doesn't know what to say. he really doesn't want to go out with someone right now. but he also doesn't want to refuse her offer. i mean, it's not like a date can cause him anything? "sure, i'll go. but, only for today. after that, forget about dating me." 

"aww whyyy," the girl whined. 

"because, i will be leaving soon."

"where to?" the girl asked, not realizing how much she was starting to get on sunghoon's nerves. 

"nowhere you can go," he says before walking away. 

"wait! where can we meet?" the girl shouts from behind. sunghoon rolls his eyes, why did he say yes? sunghoon didn't reply as he walked inside the school and went for his locker. 

he's trying to run away from the girl but he bumps into someone. 

"ow," he mumbles. 

"hey—sunghoon?" it's sunwoo. 

"sunwoo! help me!" sunghoon shakes sunwoo but quickly runs away, trying to find a spot to hide. he doesn't say anything else to the puzzled sunwoo left behind. 

sunwoo's eyebrows furrowed, trying to understand what just happened. he ignores it and walks to his destination. when sunghoon is alone, walking around the halls, he wonders why jake left in a hurry like that. it's a little odd, but then again, who is ordinary?

"sunghoon-hyung!" he hears riki from behind, calling his name. sunghoon turns himself around, noticing a running riki. 

"riki, what are you doing here?" sunghoon asks. 

"i go to school here? what else?" riki chuckles, lightly. 

"oh, right." 

riki can't help but notice how his hyung is a little out of this world. he was really going to ask for a favor but decided to ask it later, worrying about his friend. "are you alright?"riki asks.