xxii. brust

BRUST

the following morning jake and sunghoon woke up in a great mood

the following morning jake and sunghoon woke up in a great mood. most likely because yesterday they became boyfriends...in the process, is what jake had said. they were both looking forward to today despite the seoul weather today. it decided to rain. jake likes this whether. but, sunghoon never had this happen to him before. since this is his first time in the human world. 

they're about to walk out the door when jake notices sunghoon is not wearing a scarf. "aren't you gonna wear a scarf? it's cold outside, you know?" jake spoke, concerned. 

"don't know what those areas and i don't have one." sunghoon admits. 

jake walks away from him. seconds later coming back with a scarf in his hands, one that matched his uniform. not warning sunghoon, jake takes a step closer to him. jake wraps the scarf around sunghoon's neck. 

"warm, isn't it?" jake asks, looking into sunghoon's eyes when he's done. 

sunghoon wanted to say, the only thing that could warm him up is jake's presents, but instead, he says, "thank you." 

jake hums with a small on his lips. he opens the door to walk out, the cold breeze hits their faces. sprinkles of the raindrop on their faces. "wow, it's pretty cold, huh?" jake says. jake and sunghoon walked to the bus since jake isn't good at driving in the rain. 

✧. ┊

"hey guys~" sunwoo greets first when they're all in the cafeteria, eating. jake and sunghoon sit beside each other. i don't think there's anyone else jake would like beside him. 

"oh, hello, sunwoo." sunghoon says back, greeting his new close friend sunwoo takes a seat beside sunghoon. 

"reminds me, jake is your little love life coming into pieces?" sunwoo asks. but before jake could answer riki cuts in. 

"yeah, i know, i've been wondering about that too hyung. i may not be an expert in love, but i have a partner and you should too!" riki beams.

everyone's eyes focus on jake. jake hesitates to answer, trying his best not to look towards sunghoon. "it's in the process." jake's says simply. hoping it's a good answer, either way, he knows they'll want to hear me. 

sunghoon can't help but crack a smile. "it's in the process?" sunghoon repeats, holding back his laughter as he spoke. 

jake playfully smacks his arm. "shut up, okay!?" jake yells out, flustered. 

"what does that mean?" jungwon is the first to ask. 

"who is it??" 

"do we know him?" 

"hey. why don't we all cut it out? this is clearly making jake uncomfortable." heeseung interrupts, saving jake from answering all their questions. they all back away, understanding the situation. 

"sunghoon!" now they all recognized that voice, haru. 

sunghoon turns his head back. "hey, haru." sunghoon says, showing no emotion. haru noticed it, he doesn't comment on it. 

"can i seat with you guys?" haru asks, nervous. 

"of course!" sunwoo replies, not waiting for the other's decision. but, they all seem cool about it, perhaps even jake. haru takes a seat next to heeseung. 

"how are you all?" haru decides to ask. 

"great!" sunwoo beams. 

"the weather speaks for me." jay answers, sorrowful. 

"i just wanna go home and play games." heeseung says, disappointedly. 

"my mom made me come but i was gonna skip." riki truthfully says. 

haru thinks maybe it wasn't a good idea to ask about today, seeing all the drained faces except sunwoo and maybe sunghoon and jake. 

"i'm sure the weather will clear soon." haru says to all. not knowing what to say anymore. 

"i'm not so sure about that." heeseung speaks. 

✧. ┊

all lunch jake noticed how sunghoon seemed to have kept his distance from haru. he should've felt relief about that, but he just couldn't keep it that way. he was anticipating talking to sunghoon about it. 

it's after school when jake goes to find sunghoon. he knows which room he's in since that one was the same room sunghoon kissed him. jake finds him along again. 

"hey, jake." sunghoon greets first, packing all his books in his bag. 

"i need to talk to you." jake only tells him that. 

"okay? talk." sunghoon shrugs, not knowing how to react to jake's worried-blank face. 

"you were keeping your distance with haru, weren't you?" jake said. jake stands in front of sunghoon. 

"yeah, i was. what about it?" sunghoon's eyebrows furrowed, he was showing no emotion again. this is somehow really starting to piss jake off. 

"well, don't."

sunghoon lets out a stiff chuckle. "what do you mean?"

"don't just stop loving your friends because we're dating. i don't have anything against it, it's not like i'm gonna kill you if i see you hanging out with him. don't just stop being who you are because of me." jake explains, frustrated how he can't explain how he feels about sunghoon. there are so many things he wants to tell sunghoon but he just can't put them into words. 

sunghoon takes a step closer. his hand goes on jake's cheek, he caresses jake's cheek. "okay. thank you." sunghoon's whispers, his hand goes down to grab jake's hand. jake shivers when he feels sunghoon's finger traced down his arm. sunghoon intertwined his hand with jake's. sunghoon brings jake's hand to his lips and places a soft kiss on it. 

"you're too kind, jake. you make my heart want to burst out."

cheesy ending srry ):don't forget to vote ♡

don't forget to vote ♡