ix. feelings

FEELINGS

riki opened the door to let everyone inside the shop

riki opened the door to let everyone inside the shop. the shop where they're gonna help sunghoon choose some clothes. jake didn't really like the idea, then again he can't always be wearing his clothes, right? 

"this store is so good! i get my clothes here too!" sunwoo exclaimed, excited. sunghoon nodded along, not knowing what to say. when they got inside the first thing that stood out was the light. the lights were a fancy decor, hanging from the ceiling and some when you walk. everything looked too expensive, sunghoon wondered how he was even going to buy any clothes if he doesn't even  work or have any money. i mean, he has a job, but not a "human-job."

"this too expensive. how am i even gonna buy enough clothes for me?" sunghoon said, rushing to get out the store and go to a cheaper one. 

"aw, cmon! don't worry, we have all the right amount money for you. i actually have a discount and jay is extremely rich. this isn't even in his level." sunwoo explained, pulling sunghoon's wrist to keep him from running away. 

"hey! who said i was gonna give my money?" jay joined in.

"please jay? you know, sunghoon is helping out jake with his love life. i could give you my money afterwards." jungwon stated, giving a pleading look towards jay. jay sighed, "you don't have to owe me anything. it was just a joke, don't worry about it," jay waved off. jungwon's pout soon turned to a bright smile. 

"thank you, hyung." jungwon said between smiles. jake secretly watching them, scoffed and rolled his eyes moving away from the racket. sunghoon noticed movement from afar and turned his head to look. he saw jake walking away from them, he could just tell by the way he's walking that he's mad. did i do something bad again?

the rest of the time jake stayed behind the group with heeseung. sunghoon won't lie he felt a little bit jealous. but why? he shouldn't be feeling this way towards them. it's not like jake will remember him when he finally finds his love. 

when paying at the cashier, jake finally came close to sunghoon. his shoulder brushing into sunghoon's shoulder as he passed by to stand beside him. sunghoon flinched and looked at him. when jay was about to put his card jake stopped him. 

"i can pay. go. i got this." was all jake said to him. sunghoon's eyes widen. he wasn't expecting that. jay looked at the total of cost, "you sure? i don't mind paying," jay shrugged like it was no big deal. 

jake's face scrunched up, is he saying i'm poor? "i said go. afterall...he is my cupid." jake grumbled. maybe it was the fact that jay seemed to have been stealing his best friend away from him that he doesn't want his cupid to leave him too. 

"alright. he's all yours." jay smirked, teasing jake. jake rolled his eyes at him and patted him to leave. sunghoon watching everything felt a little guilty. he's gotten jake in a lot of trouble lately. it's only been one day and yet he's making jake get mad. was he even helping? no, no, he's not gonna let himself think that way. he is helping. 

jake gave sunghoon the bag once done paying. "thanks." sunghoon mumbled, bowing his head down. jake hummed in response before walking away to their friends. sunghoon hurried along behind his back. 

"so, jake payed for you?" heeseung asked sunghoon once they were walking in the back. sunghoon nodded with a hum. "that's something i've never seen him do before." he went on. 

"i'm sure there's a good explanation behind it. maybe, he wants to start changing?" sunghoon suggested, not sure why heeseung was bringing that up. "yeah...maybe." heeseung finished off, voice drifting off. 

✧. ┊

sunghoon and jake said their goodbyes to the group and walked back to where jake had parked the car. silence lingered in the air between them. people passed by them, couples holding hands, kids running around. night had set and the yellow lamps were the only things keeping them from not seeing anything. coming along with the store's that were open. 

it was calming, the sound of people being alive around them. "hey, jake?" sunghoon broke the silence first. jake glanced over at him, "yeah?" 

"what do you feel for jungwon?" sunghoon asked, quietly, not wanting to break the calmness around them. 

jake hesitated, "oh, um, he's...he's jungwon. the kind jungwon who always tries to make someone smile when they're down. the one who never gives up. the one who always tries their best, when he shouldn't be focusing on what others think about him, because he's too perfect for them. too precious to be taken from someone. especially if that someone wants to be me." 

sunghoon didn't know what he should feel. he should've felt relieved and happy for him, but no. the only thing he felt was hurt. why did jake's words make him want to believe it was him and not jungwon? he shouldn't be feeling this way. he can't.

"er—that was too much, wasn't it?" jake snapped sunghoon out his thoughts, feeling now awkward. sunghoon shaked his head, "no. no, it wasn't. it was well said, actually. i'm glad you told me. now i really know what's going on." sunghoon faked it off. it was the only thing he could do.

 it was the only thing he could do

my poor sunghoon ):

next chp will keep this fic going