i. meeting cupid

MEETING CUPID

sim jaeyung never believed in love

sim jaeyung never believed in love. or being in love, he thought he wasn't in love with anyone, but he knew deep down inside he secretly liked someone. though he would never admit that to himself. he's supposed to hate love. and he does, just not being in love. does that make any sense? 

jaeyun or as he liked to be called, jake. jake walked out from another boring day at school. he kicked a pebble as he waited for his best friend. 

"hey." 

jake looked up from the ground to see jungwon's face. "hey, man. ready to go?" jake asked as he motioned his head to the side. jungwon nodded not saying anything else. with that, they both got to walk out the school grounds. 

"so...how was class?" jake awkwardly asked.

"you're asking me how was class? seriously? boring as hell!" jungwon exclaimed, annoyed yet excited. "figured." jake commented. silence lingered in the air again. 

oh god, will it be like this once again? two days have passed and no exchange words between the two got any worse than this. 

they got to jungwon's house first since it was the closes. still, no words were spoken. "you know, you don't always have to walk me home..." jungwon said, voice drifting lower. he stood at the steps on his stairs making him look taller as jake hasn't taken a step up the stairs. 

"will it bother you if i said i don't mind?" jake asked, hesitantly. he wanted things to go back to normal again, where there was no awkwardness and quietness between them. jungwon chuckled, "thank you."

jake hummed in response before he started to walk away from jungwon and his house. lately, junwon and jake haven't been in "good terms." not after they kissed, nothings been the same. its been two days since they kissed and they haven't talked about it. 

deep down jake didn't know what to do anymore, not after all these feelings started to grow. he won't admit to himself that sometimes through their friendship he's had a sickly feeling for jungwon. nothing bad, but also nothing good, knowing jungwon probably doesn't feel the same way as him. 

jake lived by himself, in his own apartment. since his parents are still in australia for business. he had enough money for himself. jake got to his apartment in less than an hour. when he entered the room he dropped his bag on the floor and walked to his bedroom. 

he fell on his bed wondering once again jungwon's touch. jungwon's gentle touch. jungwon's kiss. his stomach made a flip as he remembered the kiss. jungwon leaned in and his eyes closed. jake opened his eyes and shook his head. 

no! what the hell am i thinking?

jake got off his bed and walked to the kitchen. he could use some food. 

✧. ┊

jake was scrolling through his phone as he waited for time to pass. it's 8'clock and the sun went down. he turned off his phone and made his way out of his penthouse. 

"hows it going, jaeyun?" his neighbor said as he saw jake walk out his door. "good afternoon, sir. i'm doing well." jake replied before walking away leaving the old man stunned by his behavior. 

jake made his way to the rooftop where he always loved to go. just seeing the lights from seoul everywhere. he sighed as the wind hit his face. he was about 12 stories above the streets of seoul. he leaned down and rested his chin on top of his arms that were on the ledge. he looked down at the streets as cars passed and people walked by not even paying attention to whose watching them. 

"what a world to live in." jake muttered to himself, disappointment lingered in his voice. 

"i know right?" jake turned himself to face the person whose voice belonged to. 

woah. who's this? he's never seen such a strange human before. if that's what he is. the boy looked around to be twenty or so. his features were sharp, lips red as a rose, dull black hair parted, and his eyes were a lovely shade of coffee. but what's more strange apart from his beauty is that he had feathery white wings and a bow arrow. who is this creature?

"w-who are you?" jake asked, horrified yet astounding. 

"well, my mate. i'm cupid." 

first chp hope u enjoyed it <3