vii. flutter

FLUTTER

the rest of the school day, sunghoon stayed beside jake's side

the rest of the school day, sunghoon stayed beside jake's side. since he didn't really know anyone besides a little introduction. 

"we should totally do something together!" sunwoo exclaimed as all of them gathered together after school, walking out the school's gates. "oh! yes, that's a good idea, sunwoo!" jungwon said in agreement. "we could get to know sunghoon more!" jungwo added. 

jake chuckled, nervously. "uh, i don't think thats a good idea." jake said. "why?" sunghoon questioned him, suddenly interested on what jake is gonna say. "he...he has to, uh—" jake cleared his thoart — "he has a... thing to do...?" jake didn't sound so convincing, he himself didn't believe his own lie. 

"jake? is there something you wanna say?" sunwoo said, his voice filled with a i-know-your-secret-yet-i'm-gonna-be-nice-to-you tone, almost like a pity tone. jake's was completely confused now. "uh, no?" he hesitated. 

"i think i know whats going on here." sunwoo stated with a knowing look, nodding his head with eyes close. "jake wants sunghoon to himself." sunwoo reasoned. 

"wait...what!? no! thats the opposite of that!" jake shouted, protesting. "just forget i ever said anything!" jake wanted to disappear, he could feel his face boiling hot. thankfully the sun was setting down so you couldn't quite see. "okay so, we'll go hangout?" junwon asked, ignoring jake's presents. or, everyone was. 

"yes." everyone nodded, agreeing. "after we change out these miserably outfits." jay suggested, a disgusted expression on his face. "yup," everyone said, expect for sunghoon who didn't know what to say. "hey! they aren't that bad." sunwoo put forth, a pout on his face. riki let out a chuckle when he saw his boyfriend's face. riki held onto his waist and pulled him closer to him, "cutie." riki whispered. sunwoo blushed. jake gagged and walked away from the group, walking to his apartment. 

"hey! wait for me!" sunghoon called out, following behind jake. when they're alone jake let out a frustrated sigh. "ugh! why do they have to go lovey-dovey when we're with them?? it's such a pain! they're the only couple in the group. and the rest don't even say anything else! it's so annoying!" jake shouted, not caring if people heard.

"woah, woah, calm down, jakey." sunghoon catched up to his side.
"jakey?!? where did you even get—nevermind." jake mumbled the last word, realizing he was yelling. "damn, i didn't know you could be so impulsive." sunghoon said. 

"oh, is that one of my traits!?" jake grumbled, annoyed. "i think i'm just gonna keep my mouth shut." sunghoon said, scared for his life. he wanted to keep his job. jake made a 'mhm-hmm' sound but in a angry voice. 

and so, the rest of the walk sunghoon kept his word, he did keep quite and slowly jake let his anger out. at some point they had stop because jake grabbed a stick and kept hitting it on the floor, frustrated. sunghoon wanted to say stop but he knew jake needed his time. and a cupid watching him wasn't helping. 

✧. ┊

"i'm sorry for what you saw earlier." was the first thing jake said to sunghoon when they arrived at his penthouse. "oh... no worries. at least your sorry." sunghoon shrugged. jake chuckled lowly. "alright, so, since you don't have nowhere to stay you could stay at my penthouse." jake announced, throwing his keys on the counter. 

"oh... thanks?" sunghoon said, confused and surprised.  jake hummed i response, not really paying attention on sunghoon's reaction. "also...i don't have any extra clothes on me." sunghoon added. "that's no problem you could use some of my clothes." jake shrugged as he walked back towards the living room. 

"they'll fit me?" sunghoon asked.
"i'm sure they'll will. i have some baggy t shirts and pants that i brought but never returned." with that jake walked to his room. sunghoon dropped his backpack on the ground and flopped himself on the couch. jake came back with a pair of clothes. "here." he threw them on the couch. "theres an extra room right there." jake pointed at the white door across the living room. 

the kitchen and living room were together no wall separating. there were two white doors across the living room, one which was sunghoon's new room (for now) and the bathroom. when entering, there's another room in the corner of a hall, which was jake's room. when you walked towards the kitchen, in the corner there was a hallway and in the end was a white room which was jake's room. a nice balcony, too.

"thanks, again. for letting me stay here." sunghoon bowed his head as he got off the couch. "yeah, like i said, no problem." jake smiled. a genuine smile that made sunghoon's heart flutter. 

published other jakehoon fic!