xi. new

NEW

"wh-what?" sunghoon stuttered out as he felt his cheeks begin to grow warm under jake's hard stare

"wh-what?" sunghoon stuttered out as he felt his cheeks begin to grow warm under jake's hard stare. jake let out a a laugh, "good, right? i was practicing to tell jungwon. sounds possessive, right?" jake said, breaking eye contact with sunghoon. 

the feelings left sunghoon the minute jake said that. his smile didn't quiet reach his eyes, he's hoping jake wouldn't notice that. sunghoon let out a stiff chuckle, "oh...heh, sounds great...i-i think i'm gonna go head to sleep now." sunghoon got off the stool and started to walk away.

"alright, good night!" jake yelled across the room. he didn't sound hurt, not like how sunghoon was feeling now. sunghoon didn't say anything else as he shut his door. he walked lazily to his bed. a feeling of sorrow in the pit of his stomach, a wave of emotion crashing in his stomach. no butterflies, no blossoms, no nothing. just pity. pity for himself. how could jake ever love him? he's human and he's a cupid. humans don't fall in love with cupid's. 

sunghoon let a tear shed, just one tear. he shouldn't be crying. he only met him for one day. it's only been a day, he kept reminding himself, until he eventually fell asleep. 

the following morning he woke up to the sound of a hiss coming from the kitchen. it smells nice. he didn't realize how hungry he was once he woke up. he walked out his new room in sleep carrying in his eyes. 

"hey, good morning," jake said from across the room as he stood next to the stove cooking something. sunghoon only grunted in return as his eyes were barely open. he opened the bathroom door and walked in, turning on the light. he did his business and walked out the bathroom door more cleaner. 

jake was serving the plates. "i made us some food." jake announced, looking at sunghoon's figure. sunghoon's heart flutter at hearing the word us

stop daydreaming sunghoon! you're only here to help him, not fall in love with him!

his brain played against his heart. "a-alright, be there in a minute," sunghoon choked out, he hated when he stuttered. jake was already in his uniform so he had to get himself ready too. when he was changed he walked out his room and to the kitchen to eat some food. 

"smells good." sunghoon commented as he walked to the stool next to jake. his knees brushed jake's and sunghoon felt nervous. stop. his mind kept remind his heart. they ate in silence. but not a awkward silence, a comfortable silence just like the other night when they were walking. at least they had that. 

"ready?" jake snapped him out his thoughts. sunghoon who was finished nodded, "yes." jake nodded as well before standing up and taking his and sunghoon's plate to the sink. sunghoon smiled at that. 

it's understandable the only thing he could have a friendship. i can be alright with that. after all i can't stay here forever. these feelings should leave me anytime soon.