break up to make up

Jack had never been in a fully commited relationship before, at least since his rise to fame, not because he was a player or spent his time sleeping around, but because music had taken over his life at such a young age that he'd never found the time to meet someone or go on dates. One of the main things that attracted you to Jack when you first met was how dedicated he was to his job, he would always be strict with his work/life balance and you understood that, you knew what you were getting yourself into.

Jack had spent the entire week in the studio. You'd last seen him on the Sunday and were expecting him to come home on the the Friday evening for your annual date night. He'd spent the entire week focused solely on his music, texting you whenever he could and facetiming before going to bed. Jack adored you, he worshiped the ground you walked on and had done for the 9 months you'd been together. However, as each day he spent away from you went on, a feeling of guilt would build up inside him at the thought of you being at home, alone. You didn't live together, you still had your own apartment, but whenever Jack wasn't busy you'd spend the nights at his.

Jack was on the way home from the studio, when the guilt started to get to much. He convinced himself that you deserved someone who could always be available for you. Someone who didn't have to cancel dates all the time, someone that you could spend your mornings and nights with.

Jack🤍
I'm sorry, but i don't think this is working. You deserve someone who's there for you, keep safe.

Jack knew the message was blunt, and maybe arrogant. No, he knew it was arrogant breaking up through a text? It was low. But he knew he couldn't do it if he saw your face. He sighed and switched his phone off, entering his apartment with a heavy heart.

——

To say you were upset was an understatement, you were heartbroken, Jack breaking up with you through text was not what you expected and you couldn't understand what went wrong, you were happy and you thought he was too. You had tried calling, texting him, even going to his house, but he would either ignore the notifications or wasn't in when you went there.

Your sadness started to turn into anger. You had spent your nights crying to a rom-com in clothes you had spent days in with your friends, to convincing yourself that maybe he had cheated and all the nights he was 'at the studio' was just an excuse to spend time with another girl.

It had been 2 months since the break up, and with the help of your friends, you had started to become yourself again. Focusing more on your work and spending time with your friends to avoid thinking about Jack.

But Jack, however, was still a wreck. He had spent his time thinking about you, checking your instagram almost daily and smiling at the pictures of you both you had yet to take down. He'd distract himself by going to the studio, only to notice his songs all had something in common. They were about you. He had just gotten out of the booth when he checked his phone, his heart stopping when he sees your name on his screen.

Y/N♥️
I deserve an explanation Jack.

This was the first form of communcation he had with you since the split. He didn't expect you to ever want to speak to him again. But here you both were, sitting across from each other at a table in his apartment.

"How've you been?" He said, twisting his PG ring on his finger.

"I didn't come here for small talk, Jack, Ive spent the last 2 months questioning what I did to make you end things but i can't find anything. So I need you to tell me so i can move on."  You look at the man in front of you. He sighs and runs his hands over his face.

"You didn't do anything, it was me. I love you so I-" He was cut off by you scoffing.

"You don't break up with someone you love through a text, Jack."

"Let me finish. I'm never here, we'd speak but I still felt guilty. I thought ending things would be easier, you can find someone who can spend time with you but that isn't me. I love you too much to let you keep sitting at home waiting for me."

Silence filled the air as he waited for you to speak. Love, present tense. You take in what he said before you speak.

"I don't care that you were away all the time, if I cared I wouldn't of stayed with you. You never spoke to me about it, you just assumed." Your voice was quiet as you spoke.

"I know and i'm an idiot," He sighed. "But i wanted you to move on and be happy."

"I was never unhappy, I love you, you made me the happiest." Tears started to form in your eyes.

"It was my insecurities. I fucked up, I know," His hand ran through his curls, he never wanted to make you cry. "But if you're willing to give this another go so am I."

"I do, but you have to speak to me about this stuff, it's not going to go anywhere if we don't speak to each other." He nodded his head frantically at your words, he was willing to do anything if it meant having you back.

"I thought you cheated on me or something." You tell him, he jumps out of his seat and pulls you into a tight hug.

"No! I'd never do that to you, I barely have time to eat never mind cheati- I'm so sorry for hurting you."

"I accept your apology." You're pretty sure you heard Urban squeal at your words from his room.

You both smile at each other before Jack pulls you into a long waited kiss.

i didn't know how to end it so the ending is pretty shitty lmao. if you have any requests feel free to comment or message me! i'm running out of ideas :(