picky eater

not apart of the series but here's a little something while i work on the family series x

It was date night, a night that you and Jack haven't had the chance to experience in a while. Not to mention that Jack had been on tour for a few months. You and Jack had been given the week off so you decided this was the perfect chance to have time with your boyfriend. Jack decided on the place, it wasn't anything fancy but it had just opened and he thought this would the perfect opportunity to try it.

You and Jack were seated at a nice, secluded-ish booth. You smiled before picking up the menu and your stomach dropped. You read the names of all the  dishes. All these foods you have never tried. It didn't help that the pictures of the dishes that the restaurant printed on the menu only made the food more deceiving. You may as well starve!

"Have you found anything you wanted to eat?" Jack asked.

You didn't want to admit to him your pickiness, not now, not while you were on a proper date after months. "Um, still looking."

He eyed you. "Is there something wrong?"

You sighed. "It's just- None of these dishes look good. I don't like them."

Jack laughed, which tore you between surprise, for laughing and hurt, for laughing at you. You look up from the menu with a pout and small glare.

"You haven't even tried any of these." He said.

You huffed, setting down the menu to pick at the fabric of your skirt. "So what? They don't look nice."

"Fine. i'm going to order you what I'm getting and you're going to try it."

"Fine."

In the end it became your favourite meal and place to go out to eat.