lullaby

You were so exhausted, you have tried to feed your daughter, changing her diaper, rocking her to sleep, but nothing worked. She just wouldn't stop crying and you were so close to doing the same thing.

"Go to bed, Y/N, I'll take care of her," the familiar voice made you let out a relieved sigh.

"You're home."

"I'm sorry I couldn't make it faster," Jack took your daughter out of your arms, "Get some sleep, I'll stay with her,"

He must have been exhausted too after a long day of work, but you couldn't bring yourself to argue. Sleep sounded so good right now that you couldn't help but drag yourself into the bedroom without another word, letting Jack work his magic.

And he definitely did. Sitting in the chair in the corner of her room he slowly rocks her, quietly singing the song he had spent all day writing just for her, watching her eyes slowly close.

You stopped walking when you heard Jacks voice, walking to the door of your daughters room and listening. It was definitely different to his other songs.

He gently laid down your sleeping daughter in the crib and was surprised to see you when he closed the door to her bedroom a little.

"I liked that song."

"You.. heard that?" he said, blushing a little.

"It's beautiful, Jack," you smiled.

"I was thinking of making it into a song, maybe name it Y/D/N,"

The thought of him making a song especially for her and also making it after your daughter brought a smile to your face. She was to young now, but when she's older you knew she would love it.

"She'd love that, Jack, and she loves you,"  you wrap your arms round his neck and give him a kiss, both of you walking to your bedroom for some much needed rest.

Maybe spending that extra time in the studio wasn't to bad.