sleep

"daddy? daddy?"

Jack stirred slightly, his arm, that was wrapped around your body, twitching slightly. The small, quiet voice was an echo to him. He thought he was hearing things, thinking that it might be a dream.

Then he felt a small hand fist the back of his shirt, tugging it slightly. Jack inhaled deeply while pulling himself away from you in order to turn over onto his other side. He forced himself to open his eyes, where his gaze fell on your three year old daughter.

His immediate reaction was to smile, seeing his child peering up at him, her neck tilted back slightly to look at Jack, her hair in a wild curly mess exactly like her fathers when he woke up. In her tiny hands was her teddy, one that Jack's mom gifted her the day she was born. It was her favourite teddy, no matter how many more you would buy her, and she slept with it every night.

Jack sat up slightly, rubbing the sleep out of his eyes. "Hey princess, what's wrong?"

"I want to sleep with you and mommy."

He smiled and nodded, "okay."

The toddler immediately grinned, letting out an adorable giggle. Jack immediately held a finger up to his lips, "shh, we don't want to wake up mommy."

She smiled as she reached her arms up at Jack, her teddy hanging from her hand. Jack gently picked her up with ease. He places her gently onto the bed as she quickly crawls into the middle, Jack helping her remove parts of the covers in order for her to slide under them, laying her head down on some of Jack pillow. Jack made sure she was situated and didn't need anything before sliding back under the covers, facing his child. "Go to sleep now," Jack cooed quietly, softly stroking her hair.

He waited until she was asleep, admiring her cuddle into him with her teddy held tightly to her. Jack could already feel the grasps of sleep, his eyelids were growing heavy. Before he fully closed his eyes, he glanced up at his favourite girls, so calm and peaceful. He sighed contently before finally closing his eyes and falling asleep.