Chapter 43:

Being six months pregnant is exhausting

Being six months pregnant is exhausting. But it's also so amazing.

In about three months they'll be a little baby made up of me and Ethan and it will be something we share together for the rest of our lives.

I stand in front the mirror and place my hands on my bump, one of my favourite things to do is talk to the baby.

"Hi baby, just three more months and then we'll get to meet you. Mama and Dada are so excited" I smile and pull my shirt back over my bump.

I smile to myself, before realising today is actually quite busy so I should probably go do what I can to help, we'll or just sip water on a chair all day waiting for things to be done.

Today we're moving into our new house so there are boxes everywhere, but I'm under strict rules not to pick up any boxes curtesy of Ethan so I've just been sat around all day observing.

It's been nice though to just sit and spend time with myself and my baby.

"Right I think we're all ready, baby should we start driving" I smile and nod. "We're actually doing this" I smile up at him.

He nods "we're actually doing this". We make sure we have everything then we get into the car and start driving to our new house.

We pull up outside and it's just as gorgeous as it is every time we come visit. We walk inside and most of the things are already furnished in advance so all we have to do is move in our person things.

We walk upstairs into the master bedroom and it's stunning. It's all open and spacious and dim definitely gonna be spending a lot of time in here. It also has an en suite bathroom and a walk in closet.

"It's so beautiful" I stare in awe "I know the perfect place to raise a family" I nod. "Right it's time to make this place feel like home".

Ethan nods and we get to work unpacking. I'm obviously not allowed to do a lot of it but I help with what I can.

It's past ten when we finish and I'm wiped out.
Ethan looks tired too but we don't decide to go to bed, instead we settle on our new couch and watch some tv.

"You wanna just put something random on?" He says and I nod knowing we both probably won't watch it because we're too interested in each other.

I lay with my legs curled up and my head on Ethans chest while he strokes my hair. "We need to start thinking about baby names" I bring up.

"Well how about because I think it's a girl I pick a girls name and you pick the boy name since you think it's a boy?" I nod because that seems fair.

And maybe because I just know that the baby in me is a little boy. "Ok that's a good idea, do you have any in mind?" He nods.

"I have three I quite like" he smiles "what are they?" He kisses my nose and continues "Well I really like the name Calliope then Amara and Isabella" I smile.

"I like those a lot" I do, those names are lovely and I'd really like to use them but I'm convinced we're having a boy. "I have some too wanna know?" He nods.

"For a boy I like Luxe, Reid and then I have a secret one that I'm 85% percent sure I wanna call our baby boy".

"Ok your really convinced its a boy" I nod my head along "call it mother's intuition".

"Ok momma" he smiles and leans down to kiss the side of my head before getting up to go to the kitchen "do you need a drink baby?".

"Yes please" I smile back. The good thing about our kitchen is that you can see the living room, so that when I'm making food I can still see the kids in the living room.

Ethan comes back over to the couch with my water and I take a sip and put my legs over his knees laying down.

I want sleep now.

"Baby?" I pout "hmm princess" my voice goes shaky from the fucking hormones "I wanna go to bed now" I say holding back tears.

I love pregnancy but sometimes I wish I could have a break from the side effects. "Okay, let's go" he picks me up so my legs are wrapped around his waist and my arms around his neck.

My head instantly droops and snuggles into his neck, my eyes fluttering closed trying to fight back sleep, but sleep is the clear winner.

He smoothes my hair as he walks us to the bedroom "it's okay, go to sleep" he presses a kiss to my forehead.

He lays us down and he pulls my as close as he can considering there's a six month baby bump in between us. He lightly rubs my cream on my stomach because he knows I'm too tired to do it.

"There we go baby, daddy loves you" and he places a soft kiss in the centre of my bump. "I love you too my gorgeous girl" and he places another kiss on my forehead and I can feel the butterflies erupt in my stomach.

No matter how long we've been together the butterflies are still there and get stronger every time he so much as looks at me with that beautiful face.

I open my eyes a little just to see if there's anyway I could get any closer to him and he smirks. "I wanna be closer" I say and he adjusts himself so I can get comfy beside him so the bump doesn't get in the way.

He gently runs his fingers through the strands of my hair and occasionally kissing my head. He whispers sweet nothings into my ear until he thinks I'm asleep.

I'm not i'm just really comfortable and don't want to move or open my eyes. "How did I get so lucky huh?" I hear him talking but to my stomach.

And just a like that I melt, he's talking to the baby. "I got your mommy, who's gonna be the best mama in the world even if she doesn't think so yet" he kisses it and I have to try keep my breathing steady or he'll know I'm awake.

"And then you came along, the best surprise ever. I mean it you made us so so so happy baby" I feel the baby kick and he must of felt it too because he places two hands on my stomach.

I can't help but smile into the blanket. "No,no not right now. Mommy needs her sleep so we don't want to wake her up with all your kicking" it doesn't work and my sweet baby kicks again.

This time its hard enough that it's kinda painful so my eyes open along with a groan.
Ethan glances at me and sees the look on my face. "That one hurt?" I nod.

"He's eager tonight" and Ethan nods his head along. "I think he's excited to meet his mom" my smile widens.

I place my hands on my stomach cradling it "not yet, you've got a little more cooking to do first".

I look at Ethan and he has the biggest grin on his face. I cradle his cheeks "I love you" he puts his hands on my face cradling my cheeks aswell "I love you so much" he whispers laying us back down.

"Now it's time for sleep okay" I nod my head and snuggle into his chest. I fall asleep dreaming of meeting my little baby.