Chapter 8:

The girl on the till looked at us like she was seeing the world for the first time

I guess people are fucking happy about this.

We ordered our food and to make it more believable I hugged Ethan and lay my head on his chest.

I could feel his heart beating like crazy.

What was I doing to him was he nervous or—

Then he kissed my the the top of my head and suddenly butterflies started flying around like crazy in my stomach. I liked that nobody had ever showed affection to me like that before and him saying baby to me felt even better than saying it myself. But I had to remind myself that I hated Ethan and he hates me and this was all just an act.

We sat down in a booth by a huge window looking out into the darkness and for a moment everything in my head was at peace I was happy and I was ok. But of course that wouldn't last long but I'm going to enjoy the moment something I never ever do.

I'm suddenly pulled back into reality when Our order is called. Ethan goes to collect it from the counter bringing it back over to the booth "mm.. food has never looked better" and I now found myself yearning to have that taste of cheap fast food in my mouth.

Who would want to pay for a fancy ass dinner when places like McDonald's exist.

"Here, Chestnut" And there it was again 'chestnut' I oddly didn't find it weird but cute I liked that someone gave me a nickname.

I like that someone liked me enough to call me something other than my actual name, then again it was probably fake because we were only pretending.

he's acting

"thank you, Grumpy" if he was gonna call me names I was gonna do it to and anyway he was grumpy.

He chuckled then we both peacefully ate in silence.
We had sat there for about 15 minutes not rushing we had nowhere to be and it was nice and calm in here but just as I relax more into the seat 3 girls come in squealing giving the cashier an excited glance.

Fuck my life I just wanted to eat McDonald's and relax not have some teenage fan girls come and squeal in my face.

I give Ethan a tired glance and mouth "not tonight" with a pout I'm sure nobody could resist.

"Oh my god it's true their together" she screamed at the other two.

"Can we get a picture we love you guys so much we think it's awesome that your dating" she jumped up and down like a three year old child.

The other girl just stood there not saying a word and I think she knew what was gonna happen "I told them not to bother you, y'know privacy and all" she said quietly.

I almost didn't here but it was respectful of her "thank you".

And then Ethan stood up to the other girls "I'm sorry guys no pictures tonight it's been a long day and we're tired" they frowned.