Chapter 1:

EDITED||

EDITED||

As I'm sat staring from the hotel window in the centre of New York I cant help but smile at the children playing happily in the park across the street.

Thinking how I would have done anything to have even had that opportunity as a child, but no I'm here now at twenty-three years old doing the same thing I have since I was eight years old putting on a smile for the camera to make complete strangers happy.

"Rose" I heard my name being called from the other room and then I was faced back with reality.

My reality.

"Rosalie Renee Carmichael are you even listening to me" my Mother called down the hallway of the gigantic suite we've been living in for the past four days.

" I was taking a two minute break or is that not allowed anymore" I shouted back to her, over the years my 'breaks' have gotten shorter and shorter so basically I'm not allowed to have breaks in life anymore.

"Rose, hurry up we have to film this years intro for The Carmichaels and there's not much time left" I let out an angry sigh and stomp over to the other end of the suite.

After a long and frustrating day at 'work' I finally got to drive back to my apartment, the place where nobody but me goes, the place where I feel safest and relaxed.

"Home.Sweet.Home" I flip the lights on and head straight for the bathroom for a much needed bath and think to myself maybe I should hideout for a few days.

but subconsciously I think you know that would never work there would be millions of people thinking I was dead or in a serious scandal and I can not be in anymore drama than I'm already in.

As soon as I'm done with my bath which seemed to calmed my nerves a lot I head down the small, short hallway and fall down on my bed.

I often feel lonely and I hate it. Even though I'm a famous 'celebrity' I have no social life at all, I've only ever had one boyfriend and that was when I was seventeen and it was all over the media.

He ended up getting famous and cheating on me with a bunch of Instagram models and after that I just accepted that it was only going to be me and myself for a long time.

I'm not sure I ever loved him though, because when I found out I literally didn't give a shit. I didn't cry or I wasn't 'heartbroken' if anything I was happy I was free.

Because I couldn't fall asleep due to the crazy amount of overthinking I decided I would just lie in bed and try not to think.

Obviously that didn't work because when you have nothing to do you think. I just started thinking about all the things that I've been through that could've had a different outcome.

Like my dad. My dad died when I was very young in a car accident. That was the first time I was heartbroken.

He was hit by a drunk driver one night and I'll never forget it. I may have been young but because of my curiosity I snuck downstairs to see what all the commotion was and there I saw it.

My fathers dead body. I had to go to therapy for months after that and thank god it helped me because I don't know if I could go through those traumatic nightmares again.

Every since my Mom hasn't been the same towards us girls, My older sister Alissa and my younger sister Fallon.

Yep I'm the middle child and I was also the only daddy's girl so it was worse for me than them. My mom is so cold towards me now, I don't get the same loving look she used to give me and I miss it.

I miss the way she was when Dad was around. I know she'll never be the same and that's sad because it means she's still not over it even though it happened years ago.

Finally I'm able to find a comfortable position to lie in and take my mind from these sad thoughts.

I think of what could come of my life and if I'll ever find love, travel, raise a family of my own.

The chances of that are slim though since I'm not a social butterfly like the rest of this family, but it's okay.

My mind becomes clearer and I'm finally able to settle into a peaceful rhythm of sleep.